Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Parking heater remote control

Vincent123

Vincent123

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Sorry if this has been asked previously. I have only ever operated the parking heater manually via the control panel. If operated via the remote, what temperature does it start up at and does it run continuously until switched off manually?
Can the heater be programmed via the remote?
Probably asking stupid questions but I am struggling to make sense of the manual.
Thanks

Sorry if this has been asked previously. I have only ever operated the parking heater manually via the control panel. If operated via the remote, what temperature does it start up at and does it run continuously until switched off manually?
Can the heater be programmed via the remote?
Probably asking stupid questions but I am struggling to make sense of the manual.
Thanks
Can only tell you what happens on my T5, but I don't think it will be different on the T6.
On mine, the Remote switches the Parking Heater On or Off.
Press On x1 and I get the last used Temperature Setting.
Press On x 2 and the heater comes on set to Temperature Level 7.

There is no further programming possible.

Used mine twice over the weekend and it appeared to work as Gavrobb's single press puts it on at 7.

Page 337 of the downloaded "Settings for remote control" that seems to suggest that you can alter the parameter of the remote function. Have I read that correct?

I only get setting 7 (full heat) when i swtich on from remote.. One press on the remote.
I experienced the same in the first months of ownership but after readig this thread I tried it again and indeed one short push and heating at level 1(last used), don't know what does the trick ..

I never used the heater using the remote , but was it not the setting it was on when you turned the heater off the last time used the remote picks up....? There are some treads where others have said it is this way.
You can not "set" the heat only switch it on/off by remote.

Let's say that I set my heater to 3 when sitting in the cabin. If I switch off and then use remote to switch on it comes on at level 3 - i.e. The last setting.

Let's say that I set my heater to 3 when sitting in the cabin. If I switch off and then use remote to switch on it comes on at level 3 - i.e. The last setting.

Try it with 2 presses on the remote and see if comes on at full power.

I was under the impression by reading on the forum it should work that way .
I myself never used the remote.

Think you should try it out.