Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Palmerston alloys

When driving I don't see the wheels, when sleeping I don't see the wheels and when camping and sat outside I tend to sit with my back to the van so don't see the wheels.
In fact I only see the wheels when walking to the van and then I'm more interested in getting in and getting going.
That's an awful lot o £'s for such a short time.

When driving I don't see the wheels, when sleeping I don't see the wheels and when camping and sat outside I tend to sit with my back to the van so don't see the wheels.
In fact I only see the wheels when walking to the van and then I'm more interested in getting in and getting going.
That's an awful lot o £'s for such a short time.
Do you wash it in the dark as well?
I for one am proud of what i drive and it has to look good as well as serve its purpose

Do you wash it in the dark as well?
I for one am proud of what i drive and it has to look good as well as serve its purpose
No, but then I can’t see the point of wasting resources for “ a look “. Function over Form. Each to his own.

I think the davenport are really drab looking to be honest Them center caps remind me of a flower too
Just my opinion though

Totally agree, they are also very common, I like the look of the Palmerstons and also the Cascavels, you pay this much for a van is worth having nice wheels to finish it off.

i have just bought a beach 69 plate and looking for 18 inch Palmerston because they look totally awesome so yeh glad i found this thread. Its a 40-50k beach I'm gonna keep it for 10 years plus so i want it to look how i want it not with 16 Clayton on or 17 Davenport

Wheels make the biggest difference to a vehicles looks, in my opinion. @siggsy have you seen the Palmerston's in the for sale section?

I like Toluca's, picked some up late last year for a good price an will be fitting them at the end of the month. Keeping it OEM for now.

8b876c6e-3d22-465f-af87-d3e8ee5808f5.JPG

devon is the other side of the country. its a bit far, or i would buy them here and now

where did you buy them from? The Tolucas were also in my top 3. Can only find them for sale in Germany

Private sale, via an advert on Facebook. I did a 320 mile round trip to collect them. I had been on the look out for the last 2 years and when the right set came up I went for it.

They don't come up for sale very often, worth a camping trip to Devon at that price.
can get brand new ones from original radar in germany sent over for about £1600. but yes it is a very good price. but a full day driving and about £100 fuel?

can get brand new ones from original radar in germany sent over for about £1600. but yes it is a very good price. but a full day driving and about £100 fuel?

I guess that doesn't include tyres for £1600 or shipping? More like £2400 for new with tyres.

You could get these shipped from Devon
Failing that I was buying some Toluca alloys of eBay 6months ago if you search ended items (as they didn’t sell) you may be able to contact the guy he was in Warrington lancs

very true. the ones on ebay are close to me in Lancs, and have tyres <5000 miles, total about £1600.

The ones in Warrington I had my eye on were about £800 from memory I didn’t buy them in the end because i had my order for a t6 cancelled then I fell in love with the Palmerstons after looking

The ones in Warrington I had my eye on were about £800 from memory I didn’t buy them in the end because i had my order for a t6 cancelled then I fell in love with the Palmerstons after looking
trying to find them but struggling

Thankyou
We love it :)
No I had it anodised so it won’t flake off if you chip powder coating it’s down hill from then on

Thankyou
We love it :)
No I had it anodised so it won’t flake off if you chip powder coating it’s down hill from then on
i have a brand new one on my T6 Beach, its silver. how can i get that black??

i have a brand new one on my T6 Beach, its silver. how can i get that black??
It’s a bit of a nightmare
You have to strip it completely of any metal riveted fittings and plastic parts without damaging them then send it to be anodised .
Then basically the reverse rebuild it
Sounds straight forward but it’s tricky
If you are a bit hands on it’s pretty easy

Back