Parking Heater 2020 6.1 Ocean Not Firing Up (Solved)

D

DeluxeReverb+Strat

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hello Lovely People,
I’m on a rainy and cold camping trip and could really use the parking heater, but it’s just not clicking on in our 2020 6.1 Ocean. Fuel is full, all batteries are full, fuses are checked. Operating mode setting is on Air aux. heater, the ventilate setting gives me the same result.
I can start the heater on the control panel, it blows some cold air for a few seconds, then the air output lowers significantly and no heat comes out. It doesn’t fire up and heat no matter how long I run it. This is the case for both Continuous Heating and Heat Immediately.
I could really use a warm up right now. Any suggestions on what else I can check?
Thanks for any and all help!

More info:
No error messages and nothing is blocking the vent.
This all worked perfectly a few weeks ago. Now, no luck.

Nothing like trying to solve a problem for 4 days, finally breaking down and posting a thread, then it working 10 minutes after. I pulled the control panel fuse for 5 minutes, popped it back in, and now it works.

You'd think there would be a reset for it somewhere other than having to work out which fuse it is and pulling it!
Glad you got it sorted.

You'd think there would be a reset for it somewhere other than having to work out which fuse it is and pulling it!
Glad you got it sorted.
Thank you very much!
I agree. Should have been much easier.

Thank you very much!
I agree. Should have been much easier.
I had the same issue a few weeks ago. I was trying to get the 'continuous heat. mode to fire up. It just went back to the main screen with all indicators suggesting it was on, but it never fired up (setting was on 10!). I then tried 'heat immediately' and it kicked into action. Perhaps this is a way of indirectly resetting something?

Nothing like trying to solve a problem for 4 days, finally breaking down and posting a thread, then it working 10 minutes after. I pulled the control panel fuse for 5 minutes, popped it back in, and now it works.
We seem to have a similar problem but our heater seems to work intermittently. Also had problem with the cabin lights and not being able to turn them off. Would you be able to post a photo of which fuse you pulled out please?

We seem to have a similar problem but our heater seems to work intermittently. Also had problem with the cabin lights and not being able to turn them off. Would you be able to post a photo of which fuse you pulled out please?
The cabin lights thing has perplexed me too, if it's a similar issue? I think I've figured out that I can only toggle lights off from the control panel if I've not switched them on manually using their individual physical buttons. The button to switch all the lights off still always works, but not the individual light toggles.

Never thought to check, but is that the same for others? I just put it down to yet another cali quirk.

On the heater, the two times I've had issues with a stuck control panel I've found using the remote fob to 'turn off' the heater has helped me escape getting stuck in a 'please wait' loop on the control screen.

Hi, I have issues with the cabin lights toggle not working occasionally. I have finally discovered a fix, which is to pull out the fuse for the control panel for a couple of minutes and I also do this when my heater won’t work! Interesting that others have the same issues..

Hi, I have issues with the cabin lights toggle not working occasionally. I have finally discovered a fix, which is to pull out the fuse for the control panel for a couple of minutes and I also do this when my heater won’t work! Interesting that others have the same issues..
Could you maybe post a photo of where the fuse is located?
:help

That sounds like a "latching" issue in the control panel....probably (another) software bug!

me too,.. just used the 'switch all off' button on the control panel

The cabin lights thing has perplexed me too, if it's a similar issue? I think I've figured out that I can only toggle lights off from the control panel if I've not switched them on manually using their individual physical buttons. The button to switch all the lights off still always works, but not the individual light toggles.

Never thought to check, but is that the same for others? I just put it down to yet another cali quirk.
Yup. This is how mine works too. Mildly annoying, but using the button to switch off all lights resets everything completely.

Back