Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Parking Sensor Problem Fixed

Myrtille

Myrtille

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Hi, this may help anyone with a similar issue in the future.

During a recent trip my parking sensors stoped working. I put it down to the Euro Tunnel jiggling something loose! As they stoped working after the journey.

I could not find any loose connections in the actual sensors. I then thought the problem may have been caused by the swivelling of the passenger seat. I had a look and found a disconnected connector. I plugged it back in and the sensors came back to life. Somehow the seat must have caught on the wires and pulled it out.

The photo shows the connector back in place, circled in red.

Tom.

5118A71F-2663-4C0C-99C4-00E149F3390E.jpeg

That's useful Tom. Soon after we took delivery of our van last year I was sliding the passenger seat and felt some resistance that concerned me enough not to force the issue. I found a couple of chunky, loom tape wrapped wires trapped, which would have no doubt been severed in the scissor action of the rails sliding over each other. Tucked them away and secured with some small cable ties to be safe. Was horrified at the thought of what can of worms would could have been opened and not known the source.

That's useful Tom. Soon after we took delivery of our van last year I was sliding the passenger seat and felt some resistance that concerned me enough not to force the issue. I found a couple of chunky, loom tape wrapped wires trapped, which would have no doubt been severed in the scissor action of the rails sliding over each other. Tucked them away and secured with some small cable ties to be safe. Was horrified at the thought of what can of worms would could have been opened and not known the source.
Good idea to check that all the wires are secured out of the way. I was lucky that the whole connector was pulled out, would not have been good if all the individual wires had come out. Will make sure mine are now cable tied and out of the way.

Back