Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Ocean front parking sensor

B

be1t0n

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I have a T6 Ocean as well as a Golf. The front sensors on the Golf automatically activate when you get within range of something but it seems that the front sensors on the Cali only come on if I push the button to activate them. If I'm in reverse they all work as expected. Ids there a setting somewhere that I'm missing or is this normal for the Cali?

My front ones come on automatically at low speed when parking (T6 Ocean). I have to switch them off when slowly negotiating the small bumpy lane to the dog agility field...

Yes I have to press the sensor switch on the dash for the front sensors to activate when parking...which I do find irritating!

I wonder if this is something that can be programmed with vcds?

My front ones come on automatically at low speed when parking (T6 Ocean). I have to switch them off when slowly negotiating the small bumpy lane to the dog agility field...
Are you sure it's not selecting reverse that brings both front and rear sensors on?

I have a T6 Ocean as well as a Golf. The front sensors on the Golf automatically activate when you get within range of something but it seems that the front sensors on the Cali only come on if I push the button to activate them. If I'm in reverse they all work as expected. Ids there a setting somewhere that I'm missing or is this normal for the Cali?
That is normal, it's the reverse canbus signal that starts up the sensors.

So we should select reverse first then forward to enable them?
On my T6, I can enable them going forward by using the Park button on the dash - otherwise they come on automatically when reverse is selected as Loz described and stay on until 10mph is reached.

Tom

• Agree
Reactions: Loz
I wish they operated as well as in my Merc! I can move towards a vehicle until the warnings sound. Then, when I move away from the obstacle they stop "beeping". These damn things beep regardless of whether I'm no moving away or not

I wish they operated as well as in my Merc! I can move towards a vehicle until the warnings sound. Then, when I move away from the obstacle they stop "beeping". These damn things beep regardless of whether I'm no moving away or not
That doesn't sound right? The beeping gets slower as the distance decreases, front or rear, or have I misunderstood you?
Tom

That doesn't sound right? The beeping gets slower as the distance decreases, front or rear, or have I misunderstood you?
Tom
Imagine this scenario:

I'm parked with a car parked close in front of me.
I start the engine, the sensors beep.
I engage reverse to travel in the opposite direction to the obstacle, the beepers sound. They continue to sound albeit slower until I'm away from the object.

Or,
I'm parked with a car parked close behind me.
I start the engine, I press the sensor dash button, the sensors beep.
I engage first gear to travel in the opposite direction to the obstacle, the beepers sound. They continue to sound albeit slower until I'm away from the object.

In my Merc [and a lot of other friends vehicles] a different situation arises

I engage reverse to travel in the opposite direction to the obstacle, the beepers stop. They only start up again if I start to move towards the vehicle

Or,
I engage first gear to travel in the opposite direction to the obstacle, the beepers stop. They only start up again if I start to move towards the vehicle

Personally I just use the display shown. The Beeps I just use to indicate an object is within the Zone, front or rear, doesn't matter.

Imagine this scenario:

I engage reverse to travel in the opposite direction to the obstacle, the beepers sound. They continue to sound albeit slower until I'm away from the object.

Or,
I engage first gear to travel in the opposite direction to the obstacle, the beepers sound. They continue to sound albeit slower until I'm away from the object.

In my Merc [and a lot of other friends vehicles] a different situation arises

I engage reverse to travel in the opposite direction to the obstacle, the beepers stop. They only start up again if I start to move towards the vehicle

Or,
I engage first gear to travel in the opposite direction to the obstacle, the beepers stop. They only start up again if I start to move towards the vehicle
Thanks for the detailed explanation. Where/when I park, I want both beepers going as, for example, When I am reversing, the front can swing close to an object? There may be a switchable menu on Carista?

I have one sensor off at the back passenger side, how do I repair it? with it not working it's knocked out all the rest!

I have one sensor off at the back passenger side, how do I repair it? with it not working it's knocked out all the rest!
It will have to be replaced. Unless the plug connection has failed due to water ingress.

It will have to be replaced. Unless the plug connection has failed due to water ingress.
Thanks WelshGas, 1, will I have to take it out to find that out? 2, are they easy to take out?
3, can you buy just one?
I did spray them with wd40 to clean& take out any moisture.

Thanks WelshGas, 1, will I have to take it out to find that out? 2, are they easy to take out?
3, can you buy just one?
I did spray them with wd40 to clean& take out any moisture.
Yes, you can get them singly I believe.
They are a push fit and there is a plug where it connects into the wiring loom.
There should be a Part Number on it.
As far as removing it, I think you may have to remove the bumper.

Thanks again, I can see the back of it, I thought it might just push back through, but didn't like to push to hard!

Thanks again, I can see the back of it, I thought it might just push back through, but didn't like to push to hard!
They are hold in place by 2 hooks. You'd have to push the 2 clips open with one hand on the backside, and push them back with the other hand.

1586543162121.png

1586543181896.png

Hi, I've the sensor out of the bumper, now how do you disconnect it from the wiring?
Cheers.

15866176176215582312360762540097.jpg

Hi, I've the sensor out of the bumper, now how do you disconnect it from the wiring?
Cheers.

View attachment 57324
See that little square. I think you push something in there to release the catch and pull the plug, with wires, out of the sensor, or you ease up the catch above that square hole.

See that little square. I think you push something in there to release the catch and pull the plug, with wires, out of the sensor, or you ease up the catch above that square hole.
I've put a small screwdriver in both and nothing seem to move, but like you've said this looks like the obvious place.IMG_20200411_164156992.jpgIMG_20200411_164150601.jpg

Back