Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Passenger Door Lock

jts46

jts46

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Passenger door lock intermittent with key fob. At the moment it can be unlocked with internal door release handle BUT as I need access to fuel filler I am afraid someday it won't release and I will not be able to refuel. I suspect I need a new lock.
Could some kind person supply me with the part number for the lock.
The model is California SE, 2006 (November Reg 56 plate), 2.5l, 5 pot engine, RHD
Thanks in advance.
John

Passenger door lock intermittent with key fob. At the moment it can be unlocked with internal door release handle BUT as I need access to fuel filler I am afraid someday it won't release and I will not be able to refuel. I suspect I need a new lock.
Could some kind person supply me with the part number for the lock.
The model is California SE, 2006 (November Reg 56 plate), 2.5l, 5 pot engine, RHD
Thanks in advance.
John
Does this give you the info you need?

Edit: I'll stand down. Looks like you have a better option above from @B J G

Thankyou from me as well, I have a 2006 2.5 with a similar problem, my drivers door lock doesnt always lock with the remote, its fine with the key, but sometimes locks on remote and sometimes doesnt. I have just ordered an actuator from ebay as well which hopefully will solve the problem.

And me as well! I also have a 2006 2.5, but for me both front doors are fine with the remote. Its the sliding door that occasionally would not open with remote! The problem stopped after I fitted solar which also charged the vehicle battery. So I guessed the problem may be related to poor battery state - but that might be complete rubbish and its down to luck?

Ensure you watch the YouTube videos showing how to tape-up the window glass when you fit the new actuator.
It's a while since I tried some DIY on a car and quite enjoyed changing my lock, although some swearing was inevitably involved!

Back