Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Pillows - any compact options ?

G

gatvol

Good pillows are absolutely critical, but do take up space. Has anyone found good pillows that pack down really small please ? Can you get part inflatable ones for example, that combine air and other support

I try to keep a tidy van, so I am not constantly having to move this to get to that etc. But comfortable pillows are seemingly at odds with this

Any ideas gratefully accepted

If you are not allergic to them then feather & down are the best as they virtually go flat when not in use then puff up when ready to go to bed.

you can't skimp on a compact pillow ,as you wouldn't at home ,so use what you normally use as it's bad enough sleeping in a totally different environment on a different bed ..enjoy your sleep :thumb :bananadance

I purchased the NEMO Fillo Luxury (camping) pillow, thinking it would be both comfortable and relatively small, £45.00. It has an internal air bladder which is covered by an inch of memory foam. There's also some elastic on the back that you can push clothes/towels into to raise the height, if required.... It's like sleeping on a brick wrapped in bubble wrap! I now use my pillows from home :D

Probably doesn't help much, sorry.

I just sacrificed the under bench drawer to pillows and keep 4 normal, feather, household pillows in there. There is no substituting proper pillows!

We have a cali on order. I'm planning to use my tempur travel pillow which is my camping luxury! It comes with a compact travel case. Can't speak for use in the cali yet, but it has been perfect for camping so far (no more sore/stiff neck issues).

We bought 4 pillow from Ikea which are smaller than normal in size so we can put two side by side

gmymsx said:
We bought 4 pillow from Ikea which are smaller than normal in size so we can put two side by side

Which ones? We've looked at the IKEA range but haven't come to a conclusion. Have you tested them yet?

First time Friday. Will let you know the outcome

The White Company cot pillows - goose down and feather, smaller than standard pillows and with patterned covers double as cushions on the bench seat.

We use standard pillows, but store them in 'stuff sacks' which take up a lot less room (about the same as a compact sleeping bag size). Same with duvets :thumb

First night in the van and the IKEA pillows worked well just the right size and comfortable

Back