Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

compressing pillows and duvets

Not yet done many trips and so still learning. So far I have left the double duvet folded up inside the extra matress we have on the back shelf and its not too bulky and kinda easy to roll out once the bed is down - but I have seen reference on the forum to tying duvets/mattress down which sounds like a good idea - what do people use for this? Some kind of strap? How would that be fixed if I had the folded over mattress/duvet on the back shelf?
The pillows though are bulky and really need compressing to be more compact and not fill up the view of the back window. They can go on the bench seat when driving I guess, as there are only two of us, but I think there is probably a better solution for storing these pillows. Last time I stuffed them in that amazing wardrobe space (lol) because it was an overnighter and we didnt need many clothes. But this is not feasible for longer trips when I think that wardbrobe space would have a much better function. I have read a bit about compression sacks - are these easy to use and what size would I need for a pillow or for two pillows? I recall from camping days years ago, trying to stuff sleeping bags in their storage bags and it took me a very frustrating age to get the things in there! but they were not compression sacks in those days. Any suggestions most welcome. Thanks.
I stuff the pillows into the under sink cupboard to keep the contents from rattling and falling over, a trick I learnt from sailing, and the duvet on the rear shelf.

Back