Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Poll: What discount did you get on a T6 Cali?

What discount did you achieve on your purchase of a T6 VW California

• No Discount

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • 1%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2%

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 3%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4%

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • 5%

Votes: 15 9.2%
  • 6%

Votes: 12 7.4%
  • 7%

Votes: 43 26.4%
  • 8%

Votes: 50 30.7%
  • 9%

Votes: 32 19.6%

• Total voters
Thank you. Will drop him a line.

Do make sure you shop around we tried Guy first as his name pops up on here a lot but I got a better deal from Guildford Van Centre. I'm sure on a different day it could very easily have been the other way round but try a few places.

Do make sure you shop around we tried Guy first as his name pops up on here a lot but I got a better deal from Guildford Van Centre. I'm sure on a different day it could very easily have been the other way round but try a few places.
Too right. Go wherever the deals take you! :)

His email is g.vincent@lancashirevwcv.co.uk - you might find it easier to send him your specific specification and he'll send you back a quote with a good price.

Dealership is 01772 655000
I gave him a ring after my *experience* elsewhere. He suggested using the configurater to do a spec, save it as a PDF & email him. Got a quote back very promptly.

I gave him a ring after my *experience* elsewhere. He suggested using the configurater to do a spec, save it as a PDF & email him. Got a quote back very promptly.

What discount did you achieve?

What discount did you achieve?

There was a significant discount. I've not crunched the numbers tho as my OH has been away so waiting to discuss it with him & he'll work it out in his head. (-:

There was a significant discount. I've not crunched the numbers tho as my OH has been away so waiting to discuss it with him & he'll work it out in his head. (-:

I have a Beach on order with Guy and I managed just over a 7% discount pre vat.

I have a Beach on order with Guy and I managed just over a 7% discount pre vat.

I'll look at the numbers & post. I am just recovering from the other dealer making a complete pig's ear of things.

I told Guy he gets much love on the forum but he says he doesn't look...

What is the best package (California and options) discount anyone has received

With loyalty bonus, finance contribution and discount (plus upgrading to devonports through eBay rather than VW) I achieved around 10% discount.
I ordered in May so with price rises (June and December) I have around 14%discount compared to list price now.

14% on base vehicle and options (~18% discount when price increases are considered). The van was to be used as a demonstrator for up to 3 months before delivery to me, but the long wait for a build slot means the dealer will loan me the vehicle from new for 3 months before purchase, so it will be a pre-registered vehicle.

Hi, Said this before but will say it again. There is some value in knowing what can be achieved but generally only at the same point in time. Deals change, the loyalty bonus probably being one of them and you can then throw in discounts for finance, ex demonstrator, new model end of year etc. I only say this because it can lead to disappointment. What you want is the best price in the market, as it is, factoring in dealer satisfaction, distance, peace of mind and value.
Good Luck

Mike

What you want is the best price in the market, as it is, factoring in dealer satisfaction, distance, peace of mind and value.
And if (IF !) the theory about dealer allocations is true, then buying from a dealer who can get one within 6 months is an idea.

I would agree with 7% off the pre VAT price of the vehicle and any factory fitted options as being quite common over the 8 months I've been following this issue on the forum. I personally didn't get anything off the 'on the road' costs but got 7% pre VAT.

Maths alert.....

7% off pre-VAT should be the same as 7% off post VAT

Maths alert....

16.67% discount post VAT price is the same as the pre 20% VAT price.
Don't think so....

If you buy something for £100+vat (£120 inc) then applying the discount before vat or after vat makes no difference
£100, 10% discount = £90. Vat on £90=£18, total = £108

£100, vat on £100 = £20, total is £120, 10% off 120 is 12. 120-12 = £108

Don't think so....

If you buy something for £100+vat (£120 inc) then applying the discount before vat or after vat makes no difference
£100, 10% discount = £90. Vat on £90=£18, total = £108

£100, vat on £100 = £20, total is £120, 10% off 120 is 12. 120-12 = £108
I was not contradicting your point, I was just highlighting a different feature of the calculation of percentages:

x + 20% - 16.67% = x

Using your example:
£100 + VAT = £120
£120 - 16.67% = £100

Or the other way around:
£100 - 16.67% = £83.33
£83.33 + VAT = £100

This feature might be used by dealers to give an illusion of a larger saving than is actually being offered:
"Save 20% VAT on this pre-registered California"
The actual discount offered over a new California is 16.67%

Worked out at 13% off the new factory order, including 1200 loyalty discount available at the time. List price as it is now would make it more like 17% for our replacement van (just delivered). Sinclair Van Centre Cardiff did the deal and have also treated us very well. However the deal was done in Jan 16 so different market conditions at the time I imagine.

Worked out at 13% off the new factory order, including 1200 loyalty discount available at the time. List price as it is now would make it more like 17% for our replacement van (just delivered). Sinclair Van Centre Cardiff did the deal and have also treated us very well. However the deal was done in Jan 16 so different market conditions at the time I imagine.
How long did you wait between order and delivery?

How long did you wait between order and delivery?
The original one took about 4 months to reach the dealer. Replacement was 10 weeks to the dealer. Both were very close indeed to VW original estimates. Feel very fortunate, but all the more annoying that a lot of people's orders still seem to be getting messed around by VW without any apparent justification.

Back