Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What discount can I expect on a new T5?

Vincent123

Vincent123

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hello,
I have been discussing a new T5 Cali with our local VW agent on a 180 DSG with a few extras fitted. He is offering the equivalent of 6.5% discount. Being in mind we are looking at 'end of line' stock, does anybody have a feel for what realistically I should be pushing for?
Also, do we believe availability on the new T6 is end of this year or are we to believe in reality it will be well into next summer?

I would have thought you are doing well to get any discount on a New California, as long as it is not a Demonstrator. They have stopped new build orders and you cannot even order a new T6 as yet, so it is a sellers market. The Dealers can sell all they have of the T5 without discount so I would anticipate Full Price only very shortly.

Agree, Don't think we will see many T6 before next summer personally and they will be more expensive and no discounts so it depends if you want a Cali now or possibly wait another year.

Hello,
I have been discussing a new T5 Cali with our local VW agent on a 180 DSG with a few extras fitted. He is offering the equivalent of 6.5% discount. Being in mind we are looking at 'end of line' stock, does anybody have a feel for what realistically I should be pushing for?
Also, do we believe availability on the new T6 is end of this year or are we to believe in reality it will be well into next summer?
Hi Vincent, you will be very lucky to get discount now! Us dealers are advised to stick to rrp now! I have 7 calis in stock at the moment and would be happy to try and help you if I cant.

Thanks for your comments - my gut feeling is to act sooner rather than later. With unbelievable residues, a new Cali is virtually as good as money in the bank. I think the T6 will have to wait...

Really...the only residues that matter are property and hopefully a long life. And memories of your Cali....I will never upgrade mine as its a part of the fabric of my being.....it and I have been to so many places together including a few official armed and nasty stand offs.......

Mostly in Tunisia after the revolution but also in Turkey.

Got stopped by 3 soldiers near the border with Algeria and they could not understand I was simply touring their lovely varied country. Let me go after much debate after holding me at gun point. Then later the same day I approached the border with no intent of going over it and was held in a building for a while and had a big debate to get my passport back and be set free.

One night I parked by a government building that was being guarded and they were edgy.....gave them goodies but later an officer moved me a couple of hundred yards away and told me I was not their responsibility if trouble started.

Then in Turkey I was having repairs to the Cali in a dirty back street workshop and someone gave me a loaded revolver to play with....

That's just a bit of what happened while I was away....

Well, you can't expect discounts off a Cali when it enables you to have adventures like that!

Were you travelling alone?

Yep I bought the Cali to go away in and travelled alone through 22 countries in 15 months.

In Northern Poland I walked along the beach and was tempted to go over the fence marking the border with Kaliningrad (Russia)....out of nowhere Polish soldiers appeared and bundled me into a jeep and took me back to the Cali and in no uncertain terms told me to bugger off.

Wow! With GrannyJen's recent French adventure and your adventures in Eastern Europe I'm surprised the T6 doesn't have bullet proof glass as an option!

I'm hoping my Cali adventures are a little more along the lines of having too much wine and forgetting where it is in the campsite!

I really do think that VW should introduce alongside the "beach" and the "Ocean" the "Panzer" ...

Thats the sort of thing .... Chobham armour as well

Could work but I think tank tracks and steel plating would play merry hell with your MPG..

Yep I bought the Cali to go away in and travelled alone through 22 countries in 15 months.

In Northern Poland I walked along the beach and was tempted to go over the fence marking the border with Kaliningrad (Russia)....out of nowhere Polish soldiers appeared and bundled me into a jeep and took me back to the Cali and in no uncertain terms told me to bugger off.

Used to love reading about you exploits on the other california forum.

John

probably can't fit a DSG box in one either

Thanks John....yes I recall you from the previous forum. I believe you spend a lot of time in the South of France and if your there now I guess it's HOT. Unbearably hot where I am this week (minus Cali)...20 miles up the Guadiana on the Portuguese side with Spain on the other side of the river. Quite a few campers about parked here and there.....

Yes in SW France at the moment, and it has been very hot, up to 42' on the balcony that is in the shade. Not too bad today only up to 33'c.
Back to the UK early August for baby sitting duties, Busfest and buying DIY materials for house in France, too expensive to buy in France.
Back to France sometime late September until December.
Good to hear from you, anytime in this area call in.

John

I only got a discount onmine because it was a demonstrator with 300 miles on the clock. I think you'd struggle, even with the T6 coming out its a sellers market. If they are offering a discount thats pretty good.

My local dealer said you won't see a T6 until after next summer in his humble opinion.

For a demo I've seen / heard of discounts between 10% - 22% off list.

Yup mine had a hefty discount, lots of extras and still much cheaper than a base beach. If you can find a demo it's well worth it.