Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Poll: What discount did you get on a T6 Cali?

What discount did you achieve on your purchase of a T6 VW California

• No Discount

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • 1%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2%

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 3%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4%

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • 5%

Votes: 15 9.2%
  • 6%

Votes: 12 7.4%
  • 7%

Votes: 43 26.4%
  • 8%

Votes: 50 30.7%
  • 9%

Votes: 32 19.6%

• Total voters
My dealer asked me to wait a few days so the dealership doesn't take a hit. That's what he chatted to his manager about when I asked whether I could pay off quickly.
Have you actually done this process or are you just guessing how it plays out?
Just guessing Davie, that's what most people on here do.
Of course I know how it works, and I know that's what happens.
Hopefully someone else with some financial background can also confirm this for you.

Just guessing Davie, that's what most people on here do.
Of course I know how it works, and I know that's what happens.
Hopefully someone else with some financial background can also confirm this for you.
I don't need anything confirming. :)
You were saying that the dealer loses out on the VW deposit contribution if someone pays off early. I was saying that my dealer DID NOT lose out because they told me exactly that. Not sure why you're desperate for someone to be a loser or a bad guy in this deal. VW finance will definitely not be struggling for cash if you're worried about them!
Anyway probably said all that needs to be said on this. Lots of people have taken up this deep contribution and are happy. I definitely am.

I don't need anything confirming. :)
You were saying that the dealer loses out on the VW deposit contribution if someone pays off early. I was saying that my dealer DID NOT lose out because they told me exactly that. Not sure why you're desperate for someone to be a loser or a bad guy in this deal. VW finance will definitely not be struggling for cash if you're worried about them!
Anyway probably said all that needs to be said on this. Lots of people have taken up this deep contribution and are happy. I definitely am.
I never said the dealer loses out, as its only the customer who benefits from it, however if its settled early the finance company claw back the contribution from the dealer.
Its pretty black and white, and what I had imagined common sense and general knowledge. Clearly not as you don't seem to get it.
Someone like you Davie should know finance companies never lose out.
Your salesman wouldn't lose out, just the dealer.

I never said the dealer loses out, as its only the customer who benefits from it, however if its settled early the finance company claw back the contribution from the dealer.
Its pretty black and white, and what I had imagined common sense and general knowledge. Clearly not as you don't seem to get it.
Someone like you Davie should know finance companies never lose out.
Your salesman wouldn't lose out, just the dealer.
Haha. Maybe you're right and I don't get it.
The reason I thought it worked the way I do was because my dealer asked me to wait a few days before paying my finance off so that they wouldn't lose the £750. Once they'd received the £750 they let me know and I paid off the finance. I have taken them at their word. They said that they would not lose out.
So either they don't get it either, they're lying (for some very strange reason) or what I'm saying is right.
(I'm definitely stopping talking about this now, I promise).

Haha. Maybe you're right and I don't get it.
The reason I thought it worked the way I do was because my dealer asked me to wait a few days before paying my finance off so that they wouldn't lose the £750. Once they'd received the £750 they let me know and I paid off the finance. I have taken them at their word. They said that they would not lose out.
So either they don't get it either, they're lying (for some very strange reason) or what I'm saying is right.
(I'm definitely stopping talking about this now, I promise).
Sounds good.

However consumer law also states you can withdraw with 14 days, and unless the contribution has a clause, the dealer will still lose out.
I would end it saying your salesman wouldn't and shouldn't have needed to ask a question like this, seems he was 'doing you a favour'.

Hi,
Thanks to everyone for the help and advice when choosing my new Cali.
I have ordered a 204 Oryx White DSG with a few extras and options.

The order was through drive the deal. (dtd)
I was a little sceptible at first with so much money involved..
But after reading some of the threads and a phone call to dtd I felt comfortable, dtd could not have been more helpful.

After a day I was contacted by James from Eurovans of Crawley. A very enthusiastic and helpful guy..
All of my dealings now are with the dealership. So dtd just arrange the introduction and of course get a fair discount for you in the process.(9%)
James of Eurovans really is knowledgable and very helpful. He even managed to send me a video and show me around a Cali. The Oryx white.

Once the deal was completed (took me a week) a £1k deposit was taken.. James would not take until he was sure I was entirely satisfied and that I understood the options with the Cali.
I am told that the Cali build starts mid April so hopefully it will be with me sometime in May.
I have no hesitation in recommending drive the deal as a way to get a deal.
The same has to be said for James at Eurovans, a really nice guy....

I just can't wait ..... Roll on May...

Thanks again to all.....
Hi Guys im new to all this justbeen on drive the deal.com under volkeswagen it doesnt list californias.What am i doing wrong?

Hi Guys im new to all this justbeen on drive the deal.com under volkeswagen it doesnt list californias.What am i doing wrong?
Your not doing anything wrong. They stopped listing them about a month ago. It may be to do with the long lead times people are experiencing.
Guy at Preston will still do you a good deal.

Thanks for that just been offered 3% discount pre vat thought I'd might get better than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just as another comment on the deposit contribution, you can take out only £5000 on finance over 12 months and pay the rest in cash, and still get the deposit contribution. Even if you don't pay the finance off and let it run to the end you only pay £250 in interest and so end up £500 better off. I did this on recommendation of dealer and worked fine.

My partner bought a ford on Ford finance simply to get the best deal but always fully intended to buy the car outright . She was told by the dealer ( her brother in law who owns the franchise) to wait until the first payment has been taken then pay off the loan in full as its Ford who lose out not the dealer. Her brother in law is a bit tight so no way would he have taken a hit on the deal!

I am therefore presuming this is fairly common practice with other makes offering manufacturers finance deals. So, imo nothing to feel guilty about nor be concerned that other purchasers or salespeople are losing out. It is of course possible finance deals like this may stop if too many people cancel but in the grand scheme of things, in practice i would not have thought that a high proportion do cancel & pay in full.

I was offered 3% straight off (yesterday) but after a bit of coercion "well I'd have to check with my boss" he suggested maybe 5%. So I'm assuming the "boss" will approve this if I go ahead with the order, is this about standard? I'm awaiting a reply from autoebid, which I guess will be a better deal, but I would pay a bit more to source it from a local dealer.
I have a 2012 Cali to trade in .. has anyone any experiences of the prices the dealserships give (or should I just sell it privately)?
thanks!

Sell your 2012 Cali on here in Spring and save yourself a fortune.

Sell your 2012 Cali on here in Spring and save yourself a fortune.

well, there's the dilemma .. Given that there's a 6-7 month waiting list for new ones, that will take us into spring which as you say is the best time to sell .. but I'm not really going to use it after September this year, and could easily do without it until the new one arrives - so if I sell it in Oct it will be 6 months 'newer' than spring next year, with no risk of it getting damaged (or putting on more miles) in the meantime ..

Totally agree with @T4WFA , if you part ex your cali you will lose thousands compared to selling private! I would advertise it now as people are still looking but what ever you do, do not part ex unless you have money to burn.

I guess that's unanimous on the private sale aspect! Is the 5% discount about all I can expect from a local(ish) dealer?

According to this poll, the average is 8% so that is what I would be aiming for

yes, I see that, but it was (potentially) a year ago, and also includes the Beach. It also included 'Drive the Deal' deals (no longer available) and presumably Autobid?

I have spent some time with the dealer and I really don't think he's going over 5% .. has anyone achieved (in the last few months) a better discount from a dealer local to them for an Ocean?

If the only way to get 8% is to go via internet/autobid I would have to work out in my mind whether that extra 3% was worth it .. balanced with the fact that there are bound to be some 'issues' to be resolved, it may be better to pay the extra to a local dealer (who then may be a little more inclined to sort stuff out?)

According to this poll, the average is 8% so that is what I would be aiming for

I didn't register my discount in the poll as I had negotiated a 14% discount on the van and options. However, there is a dealer condition attached to that 14% discount - that the van will be used as a dealer accompanied road demonstrator for up to three months prior to delivery.

Prices are falling now as summer draws to a close. There have been 2 very cheap Cali's listed and sold (not here) within the last week. I reckon yours will be worth as much next April as it will be in this September.

I guess that's unanimous on the private sale aspect! Is the 5% discount about all I can expect from a local(ish) dealer?
My advice is you can only go by current discounts and what you can get elsewhere to use as a negotiating tool. Some of the discounts achieved previously included loyalty bonus and or finance deals. However, well worth getting all your ducks lined up and pushing for a match of the best deal available now. Good luck

Mike

I know I (and others) bang on about Guy at Preston VW but there is a good reason people travel from all over the country to buy from him.
If you ring him and ask for his best deal I reckon he'd blow the 5% out of the water.

I remember all those posts before the T6 was available for sale and everyone was warning of NO DISCOUNT
I got a price from a dealer who categorically said that no discount was available, no matter how I pushed, I was told that demand was very high with long turn around times. A token gesture was all I was offered, so decided to wait probably till the T7 comes out. This was about 4-5 months ago.
It probably depends on the day and who you talk to I guess....

Anyone got a number for "Guy at Preston" please. Looking to order a Beach and shopping around for discount....

Back