Votes: 7 3.1%
  • Duvalay

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • Other memory foam topper

Votes: 25 11.0%
  • Sleep directly on the bed with no topper

Votes: 30 13.2%

• Total voters
+1 for Zonesleep, we use ours both upstairs and downstairs picked our up second hand on here

Re: Mattress Toppers Poll

We have a Comfortz mattress in the roof which as it's in two parts is easy to take out and use downstairs on the odd occasion we sleep downstairs.
Really comfy up and down.

Do you still have the original VW mattress insitu with your comfortz or is it just comfortz up there. If both can you close pop up with both in situ.
Thanks

Hoping this is still the best place for a mattress layering/ toppering question....all relating to a three seater beach but suspect the principles are the same regardless of variant.

Downstairs
We have the VW Comfort and find it ok. Not incredible but more bed then camp bed in terms of sleep quality. The problem is simply the amount of space above the multiflex that is used up - i.e. 2/3rds of it. So reading this got us wondering id there is a better way - is a Zonesleep on the raw seat better than the VW Comfort? Do they make one that is ideal for the 3 seat beach?

Upstairs

Again, our cali came with a VW mattress up there. Comfort 7/10. Is there a topper that happily coexists with it and can be left in situ without roof problems and if so, what size?

Getting sleeping / space sorted is a real priority right now - nearly 1 year into owning our first cali.

1)You have 2 choices for improvement upstairs
Either a comfortz replacement memory foam mattress complete that comes in 2 halves
(Can be left in place with the roof down)
2) comfortz thinner roof mattress one piece
With an upstairs zonesleep topper.
Some people use the upstairs zonesleep on the downstairs comfort mattress if it is to windy to sleep upstairs

We use a zonesleep topper with the standard upstairs mattress. The topper takes up little space in the boot and can also be used downstairs if needed. We bought the VW comfort mattress, but it is still in its wrapper as we have never used it.

Thanks Calikev. So no additional room up top if keeping vw mattress then.

Any thoughts on space vs comfort for lower bed?

Thanks Calikev. So no additional room up top if keeping vw mattress then.

Any thoughts on space vs comfort for lower bed?
We use an Ikea king size mattress topper, at £75 it is a budget option, and it fits the standard 3 seat bench Beach bed with a 20cm overhang, this overhang is hidden with a sheet tucked under the front of the seat cushion, it also needs a little squishing at the sides towards the boot end. It stows on the multiflex with a 10cm thick triple zig-zag fold.

My reasoning was that the seat is already sprung and comfortable, but that a topper was required to hide the lumps and bumps of things like seat belts, and to smooth out little crevices such as that between the seat cushion and back cushion. I am satisfied that we made the right choice, and all I need now is a bag to keep it clean while stowed.

Ikea also do 140x200cm and 135x190cm versions which may or may not be a better fit.

We use Vango self inflating mats works a charm whether up or down, both pack into the wardrobe. Set up takes 10 mins, take down the same. Advantage over all others is that you adjust for each individual. Had these a few years now and do need a couple of puffs of air to complete.

Cost less than £40 for two.

..me..

1)You have 2 choices for improvement upstairs
Either a comfortz replacement memory foam mattress complete that comes in 2 halves
2) comfortz thinner roof mattress one piece
With an upstairs zonesleep topper.
Some people use the upstairs zonesleep on the downstairs comfort mattress if it is to windy to sleep upstairs
First use this week of option number 2 and very comfy it was.

Mike

An Aldi king size memory foam mattress topper. £35, very comfortable and can be left upstairs with the roof down. Picked up a second on Saturday for the downstairs bed in my Beach - fits perfectly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still confused of Newport.

What is everyone putting directly over the rear seats to sleep on?

We have to sleep down stairs!

Genuine VW comfort mattress with additional topper?

Or any of the toppers mentioned in the poll directly onto the seat?

Toppers directly onto the seat I think. Certainly in my case...

Zonesleep straight onto the bench seat is perfectly comfortable if you're used to a decent firm mattress.

I didn't get along with the VW comfort mattress and sold it very quickly as it isn't removable (without removing the entire parcel shelf mattress) and I prefer a flat parcel shelf for everyday use (and we use it as a baby bed too)

Re: Mattress Toppers Poll

Kernow,
If you sold the vw mattress and are tempted by zonesleep what are you using at the moment?

I also wondered if anyone used those thermarest self-inflating thingys underneath the vw comfort or other topper. They are very quick to use and store nicely too.

We thought our VW comfort mattress was too hard also, then realised we were lying on the hard-side.... Soft-side, much improved... Pity we didn't check both side were the same initially.

Comfortz topper is vast improvement on vw topper.

We do not use a topper, bu changed the whole matress. First just the foam in the orignial cover. But now we upgraded to the Calibed Roof - three layer luxury ;-)

Skærmbillede 2017-03-30 23.15.22.png

Bought an Aldi memory foam double mattress online last week for £35, after someone on the forum suggested it. Used it for the first time last night in our new Cali. Really comfortable. Will need to trim the side by 20cm but otherwise a great buy.

We do not use a topper, bu changed the whole matress. First just the foam in the orignial cover. But now we upgraded to the Calibed Roof - three layer luxury ;-)

sk%C3%A6rmbillede-2017-03-30-23-15-22-png.20271

Looks like a fab product, I must save my pennies for one. And a great picture, that shows you all the... err, features and benefits. :oops: