Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Poor economy 180 DSG.

Is the coast function a bluemotion thing, or is it another feature that I have that I am not aware of???

On our 2012 DSG Auto we get 33-35 on a run, and <30 if used exclusively for round town. Given the size of the van I think that is pretty acceptable, and I also agree that the lower price of fuel makes life even better - it is like paying French prices in England :)

Have a look in "Settings", if you have it there will be a tick box to enable or disable it.

Colin

I have just completed 254 miles at an indicated 33.7 mpg going north into a headwind and an average speed of 59mph from the sussex south coast to a location north of Northwich.

Guess what... The smile on my face would have been just as broad had it been 30.7.

A cali is for living and enjoying. Most house bricks on wheels would be outstanding at 30.7 and still could not get under a height barrier, drive effortlessly at the national speed limit, cruise down a motorway or equally comfortably bounce over a farmyard track in places where the last automobile to be seen had a man walking with a red flag in front of it.

If you want to fret over MPG then buy a pop top smart car.

First brim to brim tank full on our new 180 DSG 4motion = 27.8mpg. This appears to be substantially down on our old 140SE manual which averaged 35 (according to the computer).

However, the onboard computer was indicating over 31mpg, so appears a little optimistic. The old SE computer was pretty much spot on.

Hoping for an improvement on the next tank!

I have found my onboard computer pretty accurate.

I got 72L in today which worked out at around 33.1 brim to brim and computer was showing 33.3 .,.

Whats 7 percent? A drop in the eurozone really.

Maybe I never completely brimmed it on my first fill up, may have been on a slope or something. We'll see what the next tank full brings:confused:

My very first vehicle was a Mini .... (not one of those German things made in Cowley, this was a true British icon ...

along with oil leaks, dodgy paintwork, slipping clutches and all those things associated with the British motor industry of the '70's)..

If I parked one way on a forecourt the difference in "fuel consumption measurement" could be plus or minus millions!!

My very first vehicle was a Mini .... (not one of those German things made in Cowley, this was a true British icon ...
Ditto, but I never had any money to brim the tank in it, it was always just above empty :D

It used to cost me ÂŁ1.75 to fill my Mini ....

Shortly after I bought it I went to work for BL on their fast track graduate management programme ...

I was allowed to have a BL car...

Then disaster struck. I was promoted, and on my new staff grade I was allowed to have two...

One broken down wreck on the drive was bad enough, but two????

Surely having to have two BL cars would be considered a demotion. What misdemeanor did you do? ;)

No point really being concerned about fuel consumption until the vehicle and engine in particular is well run in and that takes about 6,000 miles.

My MPG between 1000-6000 miles was 31.78

Since then (another 9000 miles) it has been 31.2

Don't expect a massive improvement.

Yes I do have a spreadsheet - Yes I am fun at parties :)

Just realised this thread's in the T4 Technical Section, they'll be bored to death! Or laughing as they pass us at the pumps!

First brim to brim tank full on our new 180 DSG 4motion = 27.8mpg. This appears to be substantially down on our old 140SE manual which averaged 35 (according to the computer).

However, the onboard computer was indicating over 31mpg, so appears a little optimistic. The old SE computer was pretty much spot on.

Hoping for an improvement on the next tank!
Colin
It's doing 37 mpg at present!

Don't be upsetting me! ;)

Recent check on my 140SE manual showed 38.9 mpg over about 3+ thousand miles. Engine quite loose now after 13 thousand miles. ;)

Ariadne has just passed 1000 miles this week and I have averaged 33.54 and 33.25mpg (using the fill to fill method)

2 weeks on, another 570 miles travelled and the latest flll-fill figures are looking positive, with 34.17mpg achieved. I am very happy with this :D

Maud

Smug granny note ...

36.8 mpg coming home today,

350 miles from Durham to WEst Sussex

36mpg (on the computer) coming back from Stafford to home (about 60 miles).

Yesterday going down we got a few mpg less for some reason, although it was punctuated by a long stop at Trentham Gardens which meant two cold starts.

Overall average for first 500 miles is around 31.5 (on the computer).

With the 4motion as well as auto, I think that must be pretty good, motacyclist - not long and you'll be keeping up with Granny Jen's impressive figures! :thumb

My trip computer is about 4mpg higher than my fill-to-fill figures.

I've not done fill to fill that often.

When I manage 600 miles between fill-ups it hardly seems necessary...

Although the last 50 miles in a recovery truck does get tedious :(

I've not done fill to fill that often.

Although the last 50 miles in a recovery truck does get tedious :(
That saved you a few litres of diesel though :)

Back