Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Poorly T5 Cali,

D

David Hawkins

Vehicle
T5 Beach
Recently my T5 California broke down, I was told by the breakdown that the cam belt had broken!!! On investigation it was found that the fuel pump pulley had come off the engine and subsequently the cam belt with it, causing untold damage. A new belt and water pump was fitted just over 4 years 20,000 miles ago by a VW Dealer. I am looking to have the work done and have found a site and spoken to some nice people at Charles Wilcox Cambs, this is also part of the VDubbers.co.uk group. All looks good but I was wondering if any of you good folk have had any dealings with them or could recommend any other companies who could help

Sorry to hear that.

You must have the Pumpe Deuse 1.9 TDI? The 2.5 doesn't have a cambelt.
What mileage does your van have?
Maybe the mechanic didn't fit the pulley on very well? But then again, after 4 years and 20000 miles, it's too long for human error. It must have been or bad luck, or maybe it was a human error?

The damage will most likely be bent valves (meaning a new cylinder head), or even a bent piston rod (new engine block)?
I hope I am wrong, but it might be an expensive repair.

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
Sorry to hear that.

You must have the Pumpe Deuse 1.9 TDI? The 2.5 doesn't have a cambelt.
What mileage does your van have?
Maybe the mechanic didn't fit the pulley on very well? But then again, after 4 years and 20000 miles, it's too long for human error. It must have been or bad luck, or maybe it was a human error?

The damage will most likely be bent valves (meaning a new cylinder head), or even a bent piston rod (new engine block)?
I hope I am wrong, but it might be an expensive repair.
Thanks for your response, taking the head off tomorrow to find out the damage, will let you know how it goes. fingers crossed.

Back