Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Pop top roof leak

Hi, I don’t have a leak but was wondering about a wee puddle I’ve found when cleaning the van. I always lift the roof to clean debris etc and check the rubber seals and found this. (see pic ) It’s at the front passenger side corner.
Our van sits on a slight angle in the driveway but didn’t think would be the cause. Any ideas ?

View attachment 83991
7599EC8B-3F3D-4369-9D5D-A30DB3531DAC.jpeg

Rubber roof seal doesn’t appear to be sealing against body.

View attachment 83993

Rubber roof seal doesn’t appear to be sealing against body.
Hi, thanks for the comment. Do you think that needs a garage repair as the van is only over 2years old so still under warranty. Im
Averse to having work done as there’s often shoddy work done !

Hi, thanks for the comment. Do you think that needs a garage repair as the van is only over 2years old so still under warranty. Im
Averse to having work done as there’s often shoddy work done !
No. Just open roof a foot or so. Tease the rubber seal off about 1/4”, and then close the roof again.
you could test before and after by putting 2” wide strips of paper across the lip, close the roof and pull out the strips of paper. If easy, seal not firm against metalwork, if difficult then seal connecting properly.

Thanks for that. Do you mean move the rubber seal that you’ve circled or are you meaning the rubber strip on the edge of the roof section ?

Thanks for that. Do you mean move the rubber seal that you’ve circled or are you meaning the rubber strip on the edge of the roof section ?
On the elevating roof section.