Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Argh.... We have a roof leak.

Hi can you explain where the front drain holes are ...I can see a hole but its awfully difficult to get to...thanks
If its difficult to get to then you probably found it. Look at photo in post number 44 of this thread. You can see the hole just above the area marked on the right side.

Hi can you explain where the front drain holes are ...I can see a hole but its awfully difficult to get to...thanks
Open the roof and pull off the plastic drain guard and the drain hole will be at the lower front where the cables exit, see photo. Use a syringe filled with water water to flush the drain then you should see water existing from under the front wheel arch.

DSC_0159.jpg

Open the roof and pull off the plastic drain guard and the drain hole will be at the lower front where the cables exit, see photo. Use a syringe filled with water water to flush the drain then you should see water existing from under the front wheel arch.

View attachment 92896
Thanks it was really helpful...it worked ...and now we'll see when it rains!!!

I sort of did! I think the water was getting in between The glass and the window seal where the seal and trim start to slope up at the front of. The gap there seemed wider.
I tightened the seal by sliding a length of nylon cord down between the seal and the trim.... you can just see it in the photo’s. The cord is to give an idea of size.View attachment 70627View attachment 70628
Hi @ArunAlec I know your post goes back a while but did this ‘nylon cord fix’ sort out the problem long term? I have the same issue and I can see the gap that tou refer to quite clearly. My van is going in for a service soon and i’ve advised them of this issue but my feeling is that even if they replace the seal your solution might be worth doing anyway.

Hi @ArunAlec I know your post goes back a while but did this ‘nylon cord fix’ sort out the problem long term? I have the same issue and I can see the gap that tou refer to quite clearly. My van is going in for a service soon and i’ve advised them of this issue but my feeling is that even if they replace the seal your solution might be worth doing anyway.
I no longer have the Cali but yes it did seem to fix it, certainly worth a try.

I also picked up on this I used a rubber O ring cut in Half again placed in the same position as the nylon cord it made no difference the door is designed to accept water it should be contained behind the actuator card but the card is poor in my opinion