Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

pop up roof cotton fabric

D

David Bradley

VIP Member
I must have trapped the cotton fabric in the scissor mechanism as I have a very small tear. Any ideas as to a repair patch? 5mm square would do it.

There are tent repair kits on eBay that look to have canvas ( not nylon) in them as we'll as adhesive. Never done it myself but for such a small hole it should be hardly noticeable . You could also look at an embroided patch ( the type you sew or stick to clothing) with the VW logo, again EBay has loads of these . Put one on either side and people may think its supposed to be like that.

Hope you sort it.

SMG have changed quite a few bellows, perhaps if they have a U/S one laying around Alex would cut you a square out of it.

Give him a call.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SMG have changed quite a few bellows, perhaps if they have a U/S one laying around Alex would cut you a square out of it.

Give him a call.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

good idea - I will.

thanks
Who are SMG have you got a phone number as I need to do a repair
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 for Tear Aid. Every Cali should carry this and hopefully never required.

Many Calli owners have used the product Tear Aid for this, with great result that last.

Does it matter which side the tear aid goes on ?
I`d rather have it on the inside.

It doesn’t matter which side you put the tear aid as long as the fabric is single layer. Both sides is best, but one side is usually enough. Is it more then one layer, and the rift is only present on one side, then you should patch the side with the rift...

Back