Roof Won't Open - "Ignition On!"

Last edited:
Blue 5A
SC55 5A BCU, Camper Control unit (key inserted feed)

View attachment 126649

Thank you. Been out all day (kids birthday) so haven’t had time to check the fuses.

This is my fuse box (behind the bottle compartment drawer) not sure how it relates to the above but I’m happy to check each 5A fuse individually as I’ll be pleased if this fixes it.

IMG_9382.png

Thank you. Been out all day (kids birthday) so haven’t had time to check the fuses.

This is my fuse box (behind the bottle compartment drawer) not sure how it relates to the above but I’m happy to check each 5A fuse individually as I’ll be pleased if this fixes it.

View attachment 126650
As per previous fuse diagram SC 55 ...

markup_1000007580.png

Worth taking out the control panel unplugging the connectors then plug them firmly back in and refit the control panel then try the roof!

Worth taking out the control panel unplugging the connectors then plug them firmly back in and refit the control panel then try the roof!

Didn’t work unfortunately

Going to test the fuses & feeds.

Count down, 5 days till France!

Going to test the fuses & feeds.

Count down, 5 days till France!
Are you sure your starter battery is full charged. People have reported in the past the same problem that you have and it was down to needing a new starter battery.

The ignition switch can cause this issue, try giving it a good spray with an electrical contact cleaner then leave it a while before turning on. When the key is inserted turn it off and on a few times slowly and hopefully the fault will go but it could be intermittent then a new switch may be required.

As per previous fuse diagram SC 55 ...

View attachment 126661

Thanks for this.

I seem to have an issue with *SC56* whilst SC55 is fine

There is no power going to SC56 either side of the fuse, regardless if the ignition or engine are on.

I know the ignition switch is working as SC55 only powers when ignition is on.

Thanks for this.

I seem to have an issue with *SC56* whilst SC55 is fine

There is no power going to SC56 either side of the fuse, regardless if the ignition or engine are on.

I know the ignition switch is working as SC55 only powers when ignition is on.
Looks like SC56 is the fuse for the ECU which is fed from the ignition starter switch so you may still have an issue with your ignition switch, you may need an electrician or @Loz may be able to help further??? Hope you get it sorted!

Screenshot_20240721-192107.png

Looks like SC56 is the fuse for the ECU which is fed from the ignition starter switch so you may still have an issue with your ignition switch, you may need an electrician or @Loz may be able to help further??? Hope you get it sorted!

View attachment 126715
Thanks! Running out of time and patience!!

I tried bridging the power from 55 to 56 and test the roof but no change.

It’s a mystery!

View attachment 126715

Just tested again and SC56 goes 'live' when starting the engine, so I think it's a red herring here.

View attachment 126650

For reference the 5 amp fuse, 5th down in the middle row is in the wrong place, should be one up (4th row)

This didn't fix my issue, but just in case anyone has issues.

I've still not resolved this, however I do have some further info.

The fuse that (as far as I can tell) is responsible for dealing with the ignition live for the control panel is circled in red below:

1722411612639.png

I know this for sure as I know have a working Cali with a working Cali roof.

Removing this fuse (SC34) from the working Cali causes the control panel to report the same 'Ignition On? vehicle Stationary?’' error.

With some help from the very helpful @vbk1975 I've managed to confirm this issue using the control panel diagnostics.

So it seems the fuse box knows the ignition is on correctly, however the control panel doesn't.

I have no idea how the information gets passed from the fuse box to the control panel, any ideas greatly appreciated :)

Good van - off.PNG

Fixed!

Unfortunately do not know exactly what caused it.

If anyone else finds themselves in this situation with the ‘Ignition On? vehicle Stationary?’ error then I'd do the following:

Check the 5amp SC34 Fuse in the fuse box behind the bottle holder. This should have power when the ignition is switched ON.

If this is working then I'd remove the front passenger seat (the one with the leisure battery) check all the fuses here and then unplug all the large connectors, check for any loose wires, give them a spray with switch spray if you'd like.

Connect them all back again and try the roof again.

Back