Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Pop up roof sensors

A

Alan Kay

My California is now 14 years old and and in general has been very good to us. Recently, it beeps everytime we start the van - telling us that the pop-up roof is open when it is clearly not. I suspect this is due to a faulty sensor.
Has enyone else experienced the same problem? And how do I clear it so that it recognises that the roof is fully down?
Any help and advice gratefully received.
Alan

My California is now 14 years old and and in general has been very good to us. Recently, it beeps everytime we start the van - telling us that the pop-up roof is open when it is clearly not. I suspect this is due to a faulty sensor.
Has enyone else experienced the same problem? And how do I clear it so that it recognises that the roof is fully down?
Alan
Here's some reading material for you

Enjoy!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Mine is 14 years old too, but so far, no issues yet.
Although, I bought 4 sensors a few years ago. Waiting to be installed.

Alan
Our van is12 years old& the roof started to refuse to close! It dropped by about 12” & stopped. Eventually got it to close but the indicator said it was open & it beeped at us when we drove. I established from the Forum that it was the sensors & SMG checked & confirmed. SMG than replaced the sensors which is a big job & costly but it now works & we are in France & the roof is ok. Not sure if that helps but hopefully so