Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Porta Potti 365 storage

I

icic

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Just wondered what people do with the 365 when not travelling. I don’t have space to keep it in the house, so was thinking of keeping it under the back shelf of the van. What’s the best way to store it so it does not smell, empty it or keep some solution in it to counter the bacteria. Don’t want the Cali to smell if left for a while. Any suggestions should be fantastic .. thanks

Under the back shelf after a thorough clean. No liquids when storing. Been ok so far.

I always fill waste chamber completely with bleach/water mix and leave for an hour. Then empty and flush out. Then empty the upper chamber and give the whole unit a good clean with detergent or similar. Then it’s all ready for next time. Never had a problem with odour at all.

Store mine with chemical and a little water already in it ready to go never had a problem in the last 10 years no smell and always ready for a emergency .

We clean it after use then add some diluted chemical to the waste container so it's ready for use. This has the advantage that the vehicle movement will then swish the fluid around and help keep it clean. We used to store it under the sink but now keep it in the boot. Once the weather gets bad,and there's a chance of it freezing,we completely empty all the fluids out to protect it from damage.

Ours stays in the back. Makes a handy footstool.
18b2f5c532b342458517e2233ac3939d.jpg

Mike

There's been many posts about chemical toilets.
If you read some in the specific section you will finds lots of info and tips.
For one it's not an issue keeping it within sight (and reach) in the Cali
Others seem the need to keep it as far away possible ...
If you carry a chemical toilet like the PP i see nothing wrong keeping it in the Cali , within reach and not in the rear.
We use ours when taking a short stop or parked up in citys (even once when stiuck in a trafic jam) so if you store it in the rear/booth you will not have the possibility to use it in urgent needs , and thats is just why you carry one imo. For those urgent needs , if it is not urgent we look out for gasstations or public toiliets.
A other thing i always wonder why is those seem to be so determent to say that no way a PP comes near the kitchenunit or livingarea in theire Cali is how/where do people change theire childerns dipers (if having childeren) ....that would be ok on top of the table , on the glas top of kitchen...? Or does that also requires a pop-up tent ...?
As with many things we all have diffrent views on things and important is that you are ok with it , not what others think.

Home made. Square thick cushion on top and fabric sides which match seat covers. Used as a stool/footrest. Kept scrupulously clean and never had any wiff. A069ED2D-0E16-450D-8DCB-0DD0EEFB7F8C.png

After cleaning we store the waste container in the garage with open slider and filling pipe to save the rubber and to get rid of the odor.

Mine never left the camper.

I use BIAB now so don't miss it as a loo but with it's padded cover I miss it as a footstool and something to sit on when sorting out the under-seat drawer!

Now sits here with home made cover to match bench seat, prefer to use it outside van in toilet tent when we go away, however has been proving useful for days out now NT car parks are opening up but with no toilet facilities!

IMG_4723 Porta Potti.jpg

Ikea Dröna box, 4€. Fits perfectly
83f6e7adf5099f9c5c11420af0c7c517.jpg
8d440d4843236b675030bba26546b996.jpg

Enviado desde mi SM-A405FN mediante Tapatalk

What make are the protective seat covers Mike.

My records say the Comfort Leisure Inka Wateroroof.

I’m pretty sure I picked them up from the club shop at one of the meets.

I use them if I know it’s going to be particularly dirty to protect the Alcantara although that’s pretty good.

Mike

I always fill waste chamber completely with bleach/water mix and leave for an hour. Then empty and flush out. Then empty the upper chamber and give the whole unit a good clean with detergent or similar. Then it’s all ready for next time. Never had a problem with odour at all.
Don’t use bleach, it will rot the rubber seals. Happened to us eventually.

I sold my 365 and replaced it with a 335 as it fits in the rear and takes up less room when in the front.

I sold my 365 and replaced it with a 335 as it fits in the rear and takes up less room when in the front.
If you’re older &/or have knee/balance problems you can raise it by sitting it on a “really useful box”. For some that may be really useful!