Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Porta Potti - Qube 335 - Query - Carrying Cleaning Liquids in provided space

kurienp

kurienp

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
The bottom half of the Porta Potti has a very convenient provided space for carrying the cleaning liquids. Has anyone found two bottles that fit into that space, which can hold both the cleaning liquids?

Thanks in advance.

kurienp

kurienp

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Mine came with the 2 bottles I just refill them. Was yours second hand?
Nope, brand new from the shop. Think I should check with the shop then.

While searching did find the 120 ml bottles that fit into the slot though. Let me see what the shop says first.

Thanks for the info though.

Elly Swanson

Elly Swanson

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
The bottom half of the Porta Potti has a very convenient provided space for carrying the cleaning liquids. Has anyone found two bottles that fit into that space, which can hold both the cleaning liquids?

Thanks in advance.
They don’t supply them anymore. I emailed them and they sent me a pair. They said they didn’t have many left.

hotel california

hotel california

18 'till i die....
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Mine came with the two small botles also , not fron the club shop doh and i bought the PP seven years ago ....i belive can get them aftermarket.
I refill them but actualy don't store them inside the PP.

Elly Swanson

Elly Swanson

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
The bottles only hold one dose of liquid anyway, so not as handy as you may think.. When mine arrived and I tried it I found it wasn’t worth storing the bottles underneath the loo, so like Hotel California I don’t bother.

Malc69

Malc69

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
We keep the two small bottles in position as back up if we run out. Otherwise have slightly bigger bottles stored in rear cupboard for general use. Incidentally we use a large syringe to extract the fluid. No mess, easy to measure and squirt into bowl.

Calimili

Calimili

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
I use Innocent Smoothies 250ml bottles for that. They come with different colours, So I have blue for AquaKem blue, a Green for Aquakem Green, and a Pink for the Aqua Rinse. Since I need 60ml each load, I can get 4 load with each bottle, that's enough for a 2 weeks hol, considering I empty the toilet tank every 2-3 days.
They don't fir in the recess, but they are so small they fit everywhere and they lid has a good seal.

andyinluton

andyinluton

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
The bottles only hold one dose of liquid anyway, so not as handy as you may think.. When mine arrived and I tried it I found it wasn’t worth storing the bottles underneath the loo, so like Hotel California I don’t bother.
I didn’t know they fitted under. Have always kept them in the made to measure recess in the fitted tray for the bottom of the kitchen cupboard.

kurienp

kurienp

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Thank you everyone for your inputs/feedback.

Documenting my final decision, in case anyone comes across this thread in the future.

Thetford replied that they have stopped manufacturing the bottles so no more available. They mentioned that the slot exists in the based due to the tooling that they have already created :)

Have not checked with the club shop yet, but suspect they may have run out as well.

I would personally like to keep some liquid in the slot to ensure that I always have some emergency/backup liquid if needed. The drawback of this is - it makes the PP at least another 400 gms heavier. Moving it from the rear of the van into the sleeping area at night - is fairly easy, but now will need to lug 400gms extra :) This is our regular use-case.

OBI Camping and Leisure (google for them) have small 200 ML bottles of both liquids that they sell and advertise as specifically made for the slot in the base of the PP 335. I have ordered both liquids and will store them in the slot. Will share a pic when the bottles arrive and are slotted into the recess in the base of the 335.

As mentioned, for regular use, keep the larger bottles in the rear cupboard. :thumb

kurienp

kurienp

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
The small bottles from OBI arrived in the post today. The AQUA Rinse is 100 ML and the BLUE is 120 ml.

IMG_20200305_153943.jpg

Bottles small and compact enough to fit right inside the slot in the PP very well. Happy with that.
IMG_20200305_154003.jpg

Will use and see now how that works.

hotel california

hotel california

18 'till i die....
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
The main reason i don't store them in there is becose if you re-use them (like i do) the cap seal wears out and leaks so watch out storing them aside .;)

VW Badger

VW Badger

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I found that Sainsburys own range of clip lock plastic boxes have a size that nicely fits 2 x 375ml thetford fluids. This in turn fits nicely next to the po. This has the added benefit of keeping the smell of the fluids fully contained!

Jodalo

Jodalo

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I use Innocent Smoothies 250ml bottles for that. They come with different colours, So I have blue for AquaKem blue, a Green for Aquakem Green, and a Pink for the Aqua Rinse. Since I need 60ml each load, I can get 4 load with each bottle, that's enough for a 2 weeks hol, considering I empty the toilet tank every 2-3 days.
They don't fir in the recess, but they are so small they fit everywhere and they lid has a good seal.
Hi there, I was slightly nervous reading about you decanting toilet chemicals into a ‘Smoothies’ bottle. This practice is highly dangerous especially if children are present. There are many cases of children drinking poisons with fatal consequences. These chemicals are very poisonous to humans. Many years ago a schoolfriend’s sister drank ‘paraquat’ from a Coke bottle having been decanted by her father. She died. Sorry, I had to comment. Regards

Calimili

Calimili

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Hi there, I was slightly nervous reading about you decanting toilet chemicals into a ‘Smoothies’ bottle. This practice is highly dangerous especially if children are present. There are many cases of children drinking poisons with fatal consequences. These chemicals are very poisonous to humans. Many years ago a schoolfriend’s sister drank ‘paraquat’ from a Coke bottle having been decanted by her father. She died. Sorry, I had to comment. Regards
You are absolutely correct. In case if small children present it shouldn't be done.