Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Porta Potti - Qube 335 - Query - Carrying Cleaning Liquids in provided space

We decided that cupboard space was much more important than using it for the toilet. My wife made a cover that slips over it nicely and we use it as a foot rest at night and put it outside during the day when we are camping. Everyone has a different view... Some are completely against owning one and use the nearest field or hedgerow so other campers can walk it into their van..I say its your waste so its your problem..
That is a bit extreme. No way would I ever countenance having a toilet in my kitchen cupboard, living room or bedroom. I don’t at home and certainly would not in a California. Nor do I wish to carry a load of toxic chemicals, even if they are bio friendly.
Instead we have a toilet tent, a Bog in a Bag and the biodegradable bags sold by the company that are disposed of in the general waste along with the dog owners poo bags, or do they take them home in the California to spread on their own lawns etc:.
I certainly do not use the nearest field or hedgerow as you suggest, unlike many dog owners pets.

We decided that cupboard space was much more important than using it for the toilet. My wife made a cover that slips over it nicely and we use it as a foot rest at night and put it outside during the day when we are camping. Everyone has a different view... Some are completely against owning one and use the nearest field or hedgerow so other campers can walk it into their van..I say its your waste so its your problem..

We have a drive away awning so it might live in there when we are stationary and the boot is taken up with all the other paraphernalia that each of us carry so it has to live somewhere on board as we travel. Hygiene, as another commentator is concerned with ,isn’t only a matter of where things are situated but ‘cleanliness’... and it seems some of us are concerned about toxins and chemicals ... well we are driving diesel vans !

We have a drive away awning so it might live in there when we are stationary and the boot is taken up with all the other paraphernalia that each of us carry so it has to live somewhere on board as we travel. Hygiene, as another commentator is concerned with ,isn’t only a matter of where things are situated but ‘cleanliness’... and it seems some of us are concerned about toxins and chemicals ... well we are driving diesel vans !
Not in my kitchen or bedroom I’m not.

The bottom half of the Porta Potti has a very convenient provided space for carrying the cleaning liquids. Has anyone found two bottles that fit into that space, which can hold both the cleaning liquids?

Thanks in advance.
Elsan organic, 400ml fits perfectly. It is suitable for the waste tank and rinse so you only need one bottle £6.36 on amazon.

Elsan organic, 400ml fits perfectly. It is suitable for the waste tank and rinse so you only need one bottle £6.36 on amazon.
Handy to know, thanks.
When we first got ours last year I contacted Thetford to say I was disappointed not the get the little bottles. They found a couple of empty ones in the back of the store room and sent them to me. They don’t hold much though so this 400ml bottle looks a whole lot better.

That is a bit extreme. No way would I ever countenance having a toilet in my kitchen cupboard, living room or bedroom. I don’t at home and certainly would not in a California. Nor do I wish to carry a load of toxic chemicals, even if they are bio friendly.
Instead we have a toilet tent, a Bog in a Bag and the biodegradable bags sold by the company that are disposed of in the general waste along with the dog owners poo bags, or do they take them home in the California to spread on their own lawns etc:.
I certainly do not use the nearest field or hedgerow as you suggest, unlike many dog owners pets.
But you drive a VW Diesel that kicks out more toxic chemicals than any porta loo.
And I take it you never stop on a lay-by in France or Spain..You can’t move for all the toilet paper ....You chose what you want to go to the toilet in and let others do the same.

But you drive a VW Diesel that kicks out more toxic chemicals than any porta loo.
And I take it you never stop on a lay-by in France or Spain..You can’t move for all the toilet paper ....You chose what you want to go to the toilet in and let others do the same.
As long as it’s not in the nearest lay-by...

Wouldn’t know . Never used a lay-by for toilet purposes. You also drive a diesel as well, so that cancels out me driving a diesel.
So toxic chemicals vs biodegradation.:thumb

I've just took delivery of my thetford 335 and noticed you can store chemicals in the loo itself. Does anyone make use of this? If so, any suggestions on make and size of chemical bottles that will fit into the small space?

I've just took delivery of my thetford 335 and noticed you can store chemicals in the loo itself. Does anyone make use of this? If so, any suggestions on make and size of chemical bottles that will fit into the small space?
When we bought our porta potti it already contained the bottles with the chemicals in..We just fill those up ..It must have been a promotion at the time..

@Kedaw , did you read the posts above? (or was this a case where you started a new post and it was merged on here by the admins?). REad the thread and you should get your answer.

When we bought our porta potti it already contained the bottles with the chemicals in..We just fill those up ..It must have been a promotion at the time..
Thanks for the response, the chemicals don't come with the 335 any more but this thread is exactly what I needed.

@Kedaw , did you read the posts above? (or was this a case where you started a new post and it was merged on here by the admins?). REad the thread and you should get your answer.
Thanks for the response, yes you're right admin put me on the right track and as you say the answers are all there....wish I'd looked a bit harder now.

Used to be standard. I wish they’d change the design, to a flat bottom, now they don’t do those bottles anymore. It’d be easier to clean.

The bottom half of the Porta Potti has a very convenient provided space for carrying the cleaning liquids. Has anyone found two bottles that fit into that space, which can hold both the cleaning liquids?

Thanks in advance.
Elsan organic comes in small bottle which fits the space. Can be used for both waste and flush tanks. Supposedly more eco friendly.

Elsan organic comes in small bottle which fits the space. Can be used for both waste and flush tanks. Supposedly more eco friendly.
Be careful that the lids are on tight and don’t leak.

Back