Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Portable CoolinFans

M

mkbutters

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 102
Hi ... anyone got any suggestions/recommendation for portable cooling fans?

Wonder if these are any good...or complete bobbins ;)

JML - Ronco for the new millennium!

In the UK not hugely effective, depending on the weather. Evaporative coolers work well in low humidity, but in high humidity (like the UK generally is) it does not work so well.

In dry heat it will be more effective.

If I understand correctly, the Kampa Cuboid heater also functions as a cooling fan.
They seem to get good reviews for suitability for the Cali and also fulfil the mantra of “everything must have more than one use”.
Does anyone who has one have any comments about using it as a straight fan without heat?

It does blow cold, but I wouldn't say it was strong at all, or that portable - shortish mains lead and must be flat... great as a space heater tho :thumb

I've not used it as a fan for cooling, it does blow air out but I don think it will have a huge impact. Would help by an open window perhaps.

The fan I posted above is a much faster type.

Thanks Matt, bought two of these the other day for my dogs when in the Cali and for what they are they are impressive.

Simple fans as posted in the link above cannot cool down the inside of a van /car temperature. By blowing air around, the fan makes it easier for the air to evaporate sweat from your skin, which is how you eliminate body heat. The more evaporation, the cooler you feel. Dogs don't sweat they pant instead so using a fan to keep them cool is very ineffective.

I am looking for a portable fan for the inside of the van and also to use in the pop-up in hot weather. I would like it not to be too big, to be rechargeable/USB, variable speed and quiet so as to be able to sleep with it on. Not so worried about price just want something sensible. All the history on the subject has either lost the links to products or not in line with these requirements. Does anyone have any good suggestions? Thanks

I am looking for a portable fan for the inside of the van and also to use in the pop-up in hot weather. I would like it not to be too big, to be rechargeable/USB, variable speed and quiet so as to be able to sleep with it on. Not so worried about price just want something sensible. All the history on the subject has either lost the links to products or not in line with these requirements. Does anyone have any good suggestions? Thanks
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/could-this-be-the-latest-must-have-gadget.41903/#post-541321 try this

Back