Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Toilets in a calli

O

Off and running

VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi All,
Will be collecting our first new California Ocean soon, getting very excited.. would like some advice on a portable toilet please,
Mainly what size and storage?
Also have been looking at outdoor cooking, the Cadac 2 pro looks good, appreciate any advice or suggestions please.

Hi All,
Will be collecting our first new California Ocean soon, getting very excited.. would like some advice on a portable toilet please,
Also have been looking at outdoor cooking, the Cadac 2 pro looks good, appreciate any advice or suggestions please.
Search Thetford 335.

335 is a good option, all depends on frequency of use and space when loaded. I started with a 335 in the height of covid and we tend to either be on a site or wild camp with a plan of some accessible toilets. The emergency system is pee bottles and bog in bag system with an airtight storage container for post storage. Never use the 335 now.

Hi All,
If it’s for emergencies only we would recommend Bivvy loo, takes up very little space.

Thetford 335 feels more civilised but does take up space (easily hidden in plain sight in a Dunelm folding ottoman. The down side is emptying and cleaning is a little bit ‘full on’ if you are of a delicate nature.

Bivvy Loo….. much less space taken up…… well suited to occasional use…… but to need to be ‘OK’ with pooing in a bag :D ( best to use a little cat litter or sawdust in the bag and deffo no wee! ). As for wee ……. a 5 litre container like a plastic oil can or similar and a funnel is surprisingly easy and convenient (yes ladies!)

Toilets! we all gotta go some time! :D

We worried too much about this. I sleep upstairs and use a Nalgene wide mouth bottle and my wife uses the 335 downstairs which we put in place before going to sleep. Requires a certain amount of acceptance of lack of privacy but works well. No 2 a no no, but in extremis the 335 could be used - but not needed yet.

Thetford 335 feels more civilised but does take up space (easily hidden in plain sight in a Dunelm folding ottoman. The down side is emptying and cleaning is a little bit ‘full on’ if you are of a delicate nature.

Bivvy Loo….. much less space taken up…… well suited to occasional use…… but to need to be ‘OK’ with pooing in a bag :D ( best to use a little cat litter or sawdust in the bag and deffo no wee! ). As for wee ……. a 5 litre container like a plastic oil can or similar and a funnel is surprisingly easy and convenient (yes ladies!)

I have a 335 with a no No. 2 rule. Sounds like the “Bivvy Loo and bottle” solution may be worth considering…

We worried too much about this. I sleep upstairs and use a Nalgene wide mouth bottle and my wife uses the 335 downstairs which we put in place before going to sleep. Requires a certain amount of acceptance of lack of privacy but works well. No 2 a no no, but in extremis the 335 could be used - but not needed yet.
same including last sentence

Bivvy Loo….. much less space taken up…… well suited to occasional use…… but do need to be ‘OK’ with pooing in a bag :D

Yep, harder than it sounds for some…
Stage freight.

Thanks for your replies, will discuss with the better half her needs are probably more important than mine.

Any comments on Cadac pro 2/3 burners?

Cheers.

We have a Cadac Safari Chef 30 pro - it's excellent. I get the accessorising excitement, we've all been there, but remember space is limited and enthusiasm for accessories usually less so . . . you'll be playing tetris every time you go away if you're not careful. Most on here would recommend just pack the bare essentials for your first few trips and get to know what works and doesn't for you.

I had a 365 and could swap the bottom part with a 345 owner who was selling his 345: the type is indicated on the bottom part so I now have a 345 and he's selling a 365.

I wanted the 345 because it fits under the back shelf. I just had a Calidrawer Jalopy (from Calicap.de) installed, and the 345 still fits JUST under the back shelf (a few millimeters left).

Thanks for your replies, will discuss with the better half her needs are probably more important than mine.

Cheers.
Do you mean the Cadac with folding lid and 2 burners that comes with the hot plates as well?

Cheers.
I have a cadac 2 cook 3 pro.
Was doubting between a cadac safari chef and this one but choose the 2 cook 3.

Reasons:
- 2 hobs means i can do double things outside vs safari chef
- Less high so easier to use on outside table (safari chef i much higher) and still enough room to eat (we are 2)
- Its flat and rectangular so on its side takes up less space in boot.
- I didnt take the "deluxe" because i have a ridge monkey which also doubles as "gril"
- less components so easier to clean.

You also have 2 chairs in the cali which also work great

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

We have the Cadac Safari 2. Is compact and stores in bag. Use with 903 gas bottle.

Opt for the quick connect/disconnect connector. It is small, but good for the 2 of us.

The enamelled coating is good, and makes cleaning easy.

Being portable means that we can use on beach etc.

The built in ignitor has stopped working, so we use a match to ignite. This is not a big deal for us.

Hi All,
Search trobolo if you look for comfort, ease of use and no chemicals or fluids.

We have the smallest portapotti with a Dunelm box cover over it. We sleep up top so it's available for discreet use downstairs. We are brave enough to use it as required. The only handicap is if 'wild' camping in eg the Hebrides & can't empty it for several days - have bought a second one to be able to carry a spare cassette (they don't sell those separately, unfortunately).

Suggest you take a good look at the Popaloo website. https://popaloo.co.uk/
It is a great design, well made in the UK and the company are really nice people to deal with. We bought one 7 years ago and have used it every overnight trip. There is the option of putting it outside in a pop up tent which is fine but as we always sleep in the roof bed we just quickly set it up downstairs before we retire and take it apart first thing in the morning. I think it is the best thing since sliced bread and highly recommend it.

Suggest you take a good look at the Popaloo website. https://popaloo.co.uk/
It is a great design, well made in the UK and the company are really nice people to deal with. We bought one 7 years ago and have used it every overnight trip. There is the option of putting it outside in a pop up tent which is fine but as we always sleep in the roof bed we just quickly set it up downstairs before we retire and take it apart first thing in the morning. I think it is the best thing since sliced bread and highly recommend it.
Have you got the pooscription for the bags?

Alors moi j'utilise le toilette sèche modèle Trelino origineS avec de la sciure et un urinoir retractable. Pour la cuisson un cadac safari pro. Le tout très compact et facile à ranger.