Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Portable sound system

Do you know if this is more powerful than the standard ' JamBox '

Thanks

Spooky I was looking at one of these in John Lewis yesterday, am seriously tempted.
How does it sound ?

I've tried to find the power output ie watt of the Bose soundlink mini without luck.

Bose seem to do a good job of hiding their specs and keeping away from audio magazine reviews. At least that was my experience of their surround sound speakers a few years ago. Clever marketing, no discounting and controlled distribution... Reminds me of Apple!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Can't see which model your looking at but we have the bose bluetooth wireless speaker and it's amazing. Compared to our friends boombox and gear stations it wins hands down. Sounds quality is really good even for bluetooth, battery lasts 5 hours ish. Bass is dependant on what's behind it, put it near a wall and you get lovely bass but if you have kids sleeping move it away and it really tones down.

2nd the JBL Charge, 12 hours play from full charge and a nice rich base from a base port and two 5w speakers give room filling music. Does not seem to distort much at higher volumes as many portable speakers do. I've heard a few really nice Bose set-ups but the cost does seem to bear more to branding than quality.

Andy80F

BerndRos said:

Thanks

I've no idea in terms of watts but I did back-to-back both JamBox's (large and small) and the Bose was much better.

Slight problem, the Bose in car charger unit for it won't be available until December?
Soft cover and travel case are lush accessories if a little pricey.

S.

I still think it is bloody stupid that a 50K camper needs another music system when parked up! (Unless you want to leave your lights on!!)

Iain&Shani said:
(Unless you want to leave your lights on!!)

Eh? Are you saying that when parked, you can't listen to music without the lights on?

S.

You can listen to music with the ignition turned off, but only for 20 mins.

(The stereo has a timer to auto switch off to protect the battery)

So every 20 mins you have to press the power button on the stereo and you get another 20 mins.

The good news for RNS510 owners is that when it goes to sleep it doesn't go into deep sleep so restarting is quite quick - and if you are watching a DVD it restarts in the same place.

I don't find this too annoying, but I am not a big music player while camping - we only really use it on rainy days when we listen to the radio or watch a DVD.

There is talk of rewiring the stereo to the leisure batteries to get the positve feed from there, but I don't think that will fix it as it is the stereo that shuts down (probably when told to by CAN bus, not the power feed)

The way around all of this is to leave the ignition turned on, but then if you have daylight running lights then they will come on as well.

T

teeboy said:
You can listen to music with the ignition turned off, but only for 20 mins.

20 minutes! I might as well ad a record player! ;) I know about just putting it on but the cut off is a pain. The sooner it goes to the leisure battery the better.

I got the similar Soundfreaq Sound Kick for my Birthday; used it all the time when we were away; superb sound, easy storage, about half the price of the Bose (I have loads of Bose stuff too though!)!

Like all things in life, you get what you pay for ;)

S.

sidepod said:

S.

Ours was £120 new but........
my brother works in a well known high street electrical store and he picked up a couple for a fiver! He gave me mine.

Just bought a Bose sounlink mini & so far well inpressed. Great sound from such a small box.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2

sidepod said:

S.

Sorry but total BS.

Many overpriced brands live off this belief. Research what's good, don't just pay through the nose.

[/quote]

Sorry but total BS.

Many overpriced brands live off this belief. Research what's good, don't just pay through the nose.[/quote]

Bullseye, 180 !!

:lol: :bananadance

Sorry but total BS.

Many overpriced brands live off this belief. Research what's good, don't just pay through the nose.[/quote]

Bullseye, 180 !!

:lol: :bananadance[/quote]

Oh sorry, that was a clever bit of baiting was it? :headbang

Andy said:
Just bought a Bose sounlink mini & so far well inpressed. Great sound from such a small box.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2

I have just ordered mine on your recommendation andy I hope I like it :laugh2

Back