Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How do you play music in your California?

Just check the voltage /current draw on the Control Panel when you switch the radio on without the key in the ignition. If Voltage drops or currant draw increases it’s running from Leisure Batteries, if not then engine battery.
Just tried that on my 6.1 coast and no voltage change when I turn on the radio. Shame, I'd really like to run the radio / speakers when parked up.

I have 2 homepod mini’s setup in stereo. Sounds amazing and simply hold an iPhone close to one and send any stream to the pair. Also works fantastic with an iPad when watching movies as it simulates surround sound.

My mobile phone and some earphones. Works inside and outside without disturbing anyone else.

Reactions: Sad
Just tried that on my 6.1 coast and no voltage change when I turn on the radio. Shame, I'd really like to run the radio / speakers when parked up.
Interesting how California Chris states in one of his videos (can’t remember which) that 6.1 stereos run off the leisure batteries.
You can force it to stay on with the key in the ignition on the first click, but eg running lights (headlights) also come on. And if it does run off the starter battery you take a risk of flattening it.

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
I have 2 homepod mini’s setup in stereo. Sounds amazing and simply hold an iPhone close to one and send any stream to the pair. Also works fantastic with an iPad when watching movies as it simulates surround sound.
Where do you plug these in?

We use a Sonos Roam, iPhone and Apple Music.

This sounds suspiciously cheap! Could you please elaborate? To rewire the radio to run off the leisure battery and to turn off the 30 minute auto-switch-off and to add a switch in the glove box?

Just spoke to Absolut 5.
We have a T6 and nothing can be done re glovebox switching/leisure battery as we have the factory head unit and it’s the unit that’s set that way.
We could change the head unit for say a Kenwood but it will cost around £1300 + £130 for the glovebox switch.
Think we will be sticking to Bose Bluetooth then!!

How many times can you press the “on” button on the standard speaker and play 25 mins of average volume music before you’ve depleted the battery?

How many times can you press the “on” button on the standard speaker and play 25 mins of average volume music before you’ve depleted the battery?
That sounds like something you should find out for us?! A little experiment :thumb;)

Back