Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Power/torque chart for T6 BiTDi 150kW

I thought that it was just like normal cruise plus automatically keeps a set distance from any vehicle in front. So it brakes on downhills?
Yes it does.

Having just driven my brand new 204 DSG to Spain and back I have come to the conclusion that this van is going to get me in trouble, it just wants to go! doesn't feel happy doing slow speeds at all. After having the 180 before I'm hugely impressed!

I was one of the people who in the past said, I can’t see the point of 4motion in a California.

Well since buying the 204, I think 4motion should be standard.
The 204 almost has too much power for a vehicle of this weight and size...?

:Nailbiting

The other conclusion I came too was that I definitely need the uprated anti roll bars. My 180 Sportline springs and had the heavy duty bars and it was a lot tighter and significantly less roll. My 204 has the Sportline Springs but I could feel the roll a lot when passing whales/lorry's, open bridge flyovers and some of the roads in the Pyrenees where a little unnerving.
One final point about the standard roll bars is that I'm convinced the van wobbles about more stationary, esp with the kids in the bed above.
I'm either going to retro fit the Heavy Duty VW ones or I've been reading up on the H&R bars which are even thicker and great reviews.
I have driven performance cars since I could drive so soft suspension feels weird to me. I only really stay at touring sites so not bothered about height clearance either.

Back