Price increase?

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
The rate of infections you read on the papers is bull$hit. Italy for example has many infections % because they are testing an insane amount of people including people with no symptoms. Germany only tests people if they get Temperature. I assume UK and Norway have yet again different criteria for testing people or not. In a couple of months we will find out that every EU country has the same % of infections and death as soon as each country will catch up with testing and diagnosing people.
I hope @WelshGas will visit Norway to appreciate its geographical (isolated /desolated) beauty rather than mingling with the locals exchanging hugs and kisses
I’ll be going unless I come down with the virus in mid April.
No one knows the actual infection rate as most countries only test those with symptoms. They cannot test/screen the a-symptomatic community as they do not have enough kits or facilities to do that. We will only truly know when this has all blown over and they have a simple antibody test and then they will start testing all the routine blood samples taken by your GP or during a hospital stay for any reason to determine the True/Total infection rate in the community and then we will have an accurate mortality rate and other accurate information. At the moment it’s all guesstimates based on computer models and partial data.

One thing I am absolutely sure of - Toilet Rolls have absolutely no effect on Corvid 19.

Calimili

Calimili

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Italy and the UK have tested a broadly similar number of people.

Italy have tested twice as many as in the UK.
As it seems that the first contagion in EU were in Germany and Italy, the virus has started spreading earlier there.
I don't see why or how the UK will end up with different % of people infected and victims as other countries, as the virus continue to spread. Maybe there's a delay of a couple of weeks, but that's it.

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Italy have tested twice as many as in the UK.
As it seems that the first contagion in EU were in Germany and Italy, the virus has started spreading earlier there.
I don't see why or how the UK will end up with different % of people infected and victims as other countries, as the virus continue to spread. Maybe there's a delay of a couple of weeks, but that's it.
I think someone pointed out that northern Italy has the largest population of Chinese in Europe.

Calimili

Calimili

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
I think someone pointed out that northern Italy has the largest population of Chinese in Europe.
That was me I think, that's in Tuscany rather than Lombardy . Quite strangely no news of contagion there....
In any case , it's now all over the world.
Trump saying he stopped it by closing the borders immediately, reality instead being that at 3000$ a pop people in the US are not getting themselves tested yet. They are up for a even bigger shock as in the UK.

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Perhaps the Southern European habit of cheek kissing is unhelpful in containing the virus. A kiss could easily enough pick up a bit of nasal debris smeared after a nose wipe, or cough splutter suppressed by a tissue and deposited on the cheek.

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Perhaps the Southern European habit of cheek kissing is unhelpful in containing the virus. A kiss could easily enough pick up a bit of nasal debris smeared after a nose wipe, or cough splutter suppressed by a tissue and deposited on the cheek.
Having just written this, Clare’s aunt arrived for Sunday lunch. You can imagine my dilemma as a cheek was offered for me to kiss!

Calimili

Calimili

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
When I was younger, after work it was 3-4 times a week that I would stop at the pub with colleagues to discuss work between pint 1 and 2, nonsense between pint 3 and 4, after pint5 chatting those women that suddenly became beutiful.
During those profound discussion and the progression of the number of pints drinked, the pub was getting noisier and you ended up shouting to each other from less than a foor apart in order to hear or be heard. Lots of unintended spit on each other drink if not face...

Calimili

Calimili

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
When I was younger, after work it was 3-4 times a week that I would stop at the pub with colleagues to discuss work between pint 1 and 2, nonsense between pint 3 and 4, after pint5 chatting those women that suddenly became beutiful.
During those profound discussion and the progression of the number of pints drinked, the pub was getting noisier and you ended up shouting to each other from less than a foor apart in order to hear or be heard. Lots of unintended spit on each other drink if not face...
**drinked = drunk

flying banana

flying banana

T6 Ocean 204ps manual
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I've seen one advertised lately. Same year as mine. Same engine. Double the mileage. And 6k more than I paid for mine over 2 years ago. I wont give more away as dont want to influence the sellers advert. Just wow!

VW California Club