Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Price of Cairnryan - Belfast ferry !

B

BeeBee

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Well I have to say looking at the prices of the Cairnryan to Belfast ferry in June, I’m pretty shocked. 2 adults, one van ( dog goes free in van ), return £468 !
Or am I just out of touch with ferry pricing ?

For the time and distance, ferries are expensive ... and that is expensive.

2021 Dec - Holyhead to Dublin return - 379
2023 May - Pembroke to Rosslaire (Irish Ferries) 242 + Dublin to Holyhead (Stena) - 246 = 488.

A bridge across will make travel much cheaper.

PS: Never figured out why Stena take longer than Irish Ferries. Less BHP?

We paid £432 for Cairnryan to Larne with P&O in half term for 3 of us in the van with a dog.

Paid £352 return from Hook of Holland to Harwich, including cabin and meal vouchers x 2 on outward overnight crossing.

Paid 300 quid to cross that route but return Dublin to holyhead in August.

Paid over £500 to include a pets cabin. Just a route they can charge a lot for.

To help put prices in perspective compared the £/mile …… mainland (Portsmouth) to the Isle of Wight ! Makes all other ferries look cheap!

Well I have to say looking at the prices of the Cairnryan to Belfast ferry in June, I’m pretty shocked. 2 adults, one van ( dog goes free in van ), return £468 !
Or am I just out of touch with ferry pricing ?
We have a wedding in July in Limerick and priced taking the van cairnryan>Larne and making a roadtrip of it, vs flying. Even with the crazy add-ons that Ryanair heap on it was still cheaper to fly and have 3 nights in a hotel than drive with the Ferry costs.

I think the pricing of this route shocks a bit as inter-island ferry travel within Scotland is subsidised to make it comparable to driving.

I do think this route is extremely expensive for what it is.

For comparison, back in Summer 2022 we travelled from Liverpool to Belfast. It cost us £688 return including “Deluxe” cabins. Wouldn’t bother with Deluxe Cabins again on that crossing, they overlook the open car deck and you hear non-stop car alarms

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back