Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Private Plate Purchased but do you get it ?

I also have C20 HPC off my Caterham 2.0 HPC (sold a while ago and biggest regret)
Thought recently about tracking it down again.
P1010949.jpeg

I always fancied (but couldn't afford) IIL 711, and OIL 710 ... a perverse sense of symmetry!

We got a bargain plate a few years back. A1LBE. Looks good, doesn’t mean much to most people but we couldn’t believe our luck. My sons name is Ailbe, so we are using it until he gets his first car.

Can’t get more personalised than that. All for £250!

My Daughter wasn’t so lucky. N1AMH sold in the late 90’s apparently for thousands.

I was pleased to snag BB21LLY for £350. Should be worth something to someone buying a Billy a generous 21 birthday present at some point. Meantime Billy Ocean will be having a great time

I always thought personalised plates were a bit pretentious. Then we bought our latest California. Most expensive vehicle we have ever bought so i thought I would go for a personalised plate. I never forget the Reg now.

Our first name initials, year of registration and it is a van

AC62 VAN.

Ours has W7DGE on it. We already owned the reg but thought it relates because of the Westfalia Wedge

I've had this plate for 40 years. Was on a Ford Popular that I saved from a scrap yard and completely rebuilt complete with roof chop and 3.5 Rover V8 with autobox. It's been on several cars since and is now on my Cali.It has sentimental value.
I bet the Pop had a Jag rear end...?

My Sergeant told me to take out the latest Corsaghini **** FKU out on local patrol. I said "f*ck you". The Sergeant just looked at me in shock and the rest of the shift thought I had lost it. Then the penny dropped. It was taken out of service until the number was replaced. In the 70's I was working for the Dept of Transport as it was called then. I remember a member if police staff coming into the office to return a batch of numbers allocated to them with a rather inappropriate PYG!

That a great plate, good find!!
We went for VW51EPT as it’s a bit of fun and easy to remember. I like it being dateless too.
I noticed that VW we’re using VW51EEP in their brochure which gave me the idea and a quick hunt on DVLA and I had my first ever private plate. Just need the vehicle to be delivered now.
I nearly bought that one

Love a good plate. Saw VW51 EPT and mentioned above, also VW15 BED, and considered CA11 FVW.
Ended up with VW04 ZZZ as it works without messing with the spacing, can go on a nine Cali for resale. And most importantly - I like it! The whole vw scene is about individuality and relaxation. If you like it, and you’re not hurting anyone. Do it!

My daughter convinced me to treat myself to a private plate. So I went for VW11BOB.

I nearly bought that one

Love a good plate. Saw VW51 EPT and mentioned above, also VW15 BED, and considered CA11 FVW.
Ended up with VW04 ZZZ as it works without messing with the spacing, can go on a nine Cali for resale. And most importantly - I like it! The whole vw scene is about individuality and relaxation. If you like it, and you’re not hurting anyone. Do it!
6E7A0926-9F8E-48B4-9238-3C70AA5D3FAA.jpeg
Ha!
I like your thinking.
Recently bought this one. (Show plate on, not the road legal one.)
Hope to park next to you one day!!
VW21EEP is still avail on DVLA page, it’s not quite sleep, but it’s close.

Have CAIIFVW on ours bought for £299

I’ve just bought LV04 OCN. Never been interested in a private plate before but hated the one we were given.

Figure very few non-Cali owners will get it, it won’t attract any attention, but it makes me smile ;-)

Last edited:
I’ve just bought LV04 OCN. Never been interested in a private plate before but hated the one we were given.

Figure very few will get it, it won’t attract any attention, but it makes me smile ;-)
Live /love for ocean? Subtle.