Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Problem with bike rack

Johnny3555

Johnny3555

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Coast 150
I bought a Fiamma Carry-bike VWT6 for my 2017 California Coast but unfortunately it does not fit and is unsuitable. Can anyone recommend a two bike rack which will fit this vehicle. I’m keen to get one designed specifically for this model but as you can see from attached pictures it does not fit

696138EA-9847-40B7-A464-AB41AA748DDF.jpeg

1CAEB492-9C25-45E8-8C16-C923DC751B8D.jpeg

FDFF1C4E-B2DC-4BF3-8DD1-578AB083954A.jpeg

223568C7-D923-4DD4-9A9C-DC944528E651.jpeg

E2208510-1257-4355-B6E1-41658A1BDDDC.jpeg

I bought a Fiamma Carry-bike VWT6 for my 2017 California Coast but unfortunately it does not fit and is unsuitable. Can anyone recommend a two bike rack which will fit this vehicle. I’m keen to get one designed specifically for this model but as you can see from attached pictures it does not fit

[
Unless your vehicle is very different from a normal T6 this rack should fit.
It might help to get it set up centrally on the Tailgate and the feet that sit on the rear bumper properly adjusted via the screw adjustment.

Last edited:
You know those bits at the bottom wind out?

Also, did you get the correct one? As the 2 are slightly different, with one having extenders on the top so the bottom will reach.

Many thanks for this- I think I got the wrong one. For a start the top brackets do not engage well and the bottom screw out feet are way too far from the door. I’m going back to the supplier next week to see if other model will work instead. But it’s a real pain as I specifically asked for one for this model and spent time faffing around with it needlessly

Unless your vehicle is very different from a normal T6 this rack should fit.
It might help to get it set up centrally on the Tailgate and the feet that sit on the rear bumper properly adjusted via the screw adjustment.
Thanks for this but it seems to be just not a safe fit.

Thanks for this but it seems to be just not a safe fit.
My son has one on his T5 and if fitted properly is solid as a rock and once the Tailgate is closed the adjustable feet help to support some of the weight rather than depending totally on the Tailgate.

My son has one on his T5 and if fitted properly is solid as a rock and once the Tailgate is closed the adjustable feet help to support some of the weight rather than depending totally on the Tailgate.
I’m going to try it again with another technician to see if I’m doing something wrong- great feedback and many thanks - John

No, the only improvements I did was use better rubber pads etc. where it touches the paintwork.
I think the club shop should use your photos!

I also have Fiamma Pro for T6. WIll also be at Highlands End for photos and look sees if requested/needed. Mine is the std Silver.

@Johnny3555 , Your rack is significantly off center. Could this be your problem? See my poor highlighting.
View attachment 50253
I tried it again yesterday and moved it over to the hinge recesses but the screw out legs are still too short and the bar with the rubber cylindrical protectors also not close enough to engage the bottom door brackets. I think it’s the wrong model for this T6 van

@Loz is that how the black Fiamma rack comes finished (looks great) or have you improved it?
Los - that looks the business- could you post a picture of the name and model plate as I cannot read it from the pictures- also if you know where I can order one. Many thanks- John

I tried it again yesterday and moved it over to the hinge recesses but the screw out legs are still too short and the bar with the rubber cylindrical protectors also not close enough to engage the bottom door brackets. I think it’s the wrong model for this T6 van
What’s the part number of the rack?