Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Programmable feature with Carista?

Received beta version and have just ran a test seeing its raining outside at Lower Lode.
No faults but not appearing to read everything.
In customisation there was the ability to turn off one or two items but nothing of any great significance or interest in changing other than being able to change some settings from miles to km.
In service can do a reset.
Have sent all data to Carista for their info.
At some point I will do a report of what you can customise but it's time to beat the rush to the shower block.

Mike

Well that was quick. Within a couple of hours I received a report back from Carista and as a result I shall be doing another scan and sending them the report.

Good news is that........

"Your car will be much easier to support than I thought because it uses the same kind of "body control module" that we already have configured for some other cars like the VW Jetta. So I think in our next beta, you'll have a lot of working customizations"

So sounding good for the future.

Mike

Well that was quick. Within a couple of hours I received a report back from Carista and as a result I shall be doing another scan and sending them the report.

Good news is that........

"Your car will be much easier to support than I thought because it uses the same kind of "body control module" that we already have configured for some other cars like the VW Jetta. So I think in our next beta, you'll have a lot of working customizations"

So sounding good for the future.

Mike
What sort of things can you, or are you hoping to programme?

I would like a couple of simple things: -

doors to lock at 10/15mph (possible on T5)
Change MFD speed from kph to mph
Fold mirrors on locking (this may be impossible reading some forums)

I got it partly out of curiosity and the ability to reset faults. I shall be pretty careful what if anything I change but folding up mirrors on park would be good. I saw a number of options for choosing mph or km and will have a look to see if MFD was on the list when I next fire it up.
Locking doors should be an option as I could do that with it on my Touran.

Mike

I asked my dealer about the door locking he said he'd look into it. If I hear anything I'll update. It's certainly something I'd like to have, Volvo has it and I get used to putting my work bag on the back seat that has two secure laptops in there !

I'd also like to be able to change the KMH large display to MPH and back. Most of the options I'd set once and probably never change.

I'd also like to be able to change the KMH large display to MPH and back. Most of the options I'd set once and probably never change.

Carista can do that now for the T6, you just need to change the region setting from UK to australia! It then puts the temperature where the km/h display is, and then gives you a big MPH display with the mpg etc. It also enables a box in the settings page to go back to how it was, without having to use carista again, so when you go abroad you get the km/h display back again on all pages.

Edit: Instructions are here: http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=2303455
It is much easier with carista, as it is just a simple drop down list change. It is confirmed working on my T6 ocean.

d9f6a16af308f3b19fdb97751bf75231.png
6f9dcd770dcb366bbc501e7558c53d19.png
154c86df58b1834407e2c480855b752c.png

Screenshots from customisation menu.

Carista requested another debug report so done and sent.

Fingers crossed for more options

Mike

Carista can do that now for the T6, you just need to change the region setting from UK to australia! It then puts the temperature where the km/h display is, and then gives you a big MPH display with the mpg etc. It also enables a box in the settings page to go back to how it was, without having to use carista again, so when you go abroad you get the km/h display back again on all pages.

Edit: Instructions are here: http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=2303455
It is much easier with carista, as it is just a simple drop down list change. It is confirmed working on my T6 ocean.

Super thanks for that, couldn't get it work on the hire vehicle but never thought about changing the region! :thumb
Followed the link from the T4 forum and he got it from here:

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/thread...display-on-vw-t5-california-dash-insert.1536/ It's gone full circle

Super thanks for that, couldn't get it work on the hire vehicle but never thought about changing the region! :thumb
Followed the link from the T4 forum and he got it from here:

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/thread...display-on-vw-t5-california-dash-insert.1536/ It's gone full circle
Given the change of position of the large Mph display as s shown on the modified version, would this affect other readouts, such as ACC alerts, fuel consumption, etc., Or does it just disappear?

Given the change of position of the large Mph display as s shown on the modified version, would this affect other readouts, such as ACC alerts, fuel consumption, etc., Or does it just disappear?
It acts just the same as the mpg and the other trip computer values, it is just a bigger font for the speed.

Another Beta release so done another debug and sent results to Carista.

Seem to have some more customisations as per screenshots:-
80272610dbc47886ce827405224fae86.png
06d393728b337c8942b918dab17ea756.png
1f285bb6b2f152c9a73bf9c380497a7b.png
97da4b0807ee8f5565e63bdcff52df4f.png
d8257e2ab4414bccf8229082db60226b.png
11465b780005bb7b068a7e78e1916982.png
a9833b3c58e1e514c5f4e4f20dbbfa66.png
453510cb0c0539675d58535fb2fade0f.png
1b2f9993348c50b32ae380de5e0aaa41.png
dc6ee7bafc02fee0c1314ebd84e947e8.png
7c3336e33f1e6d528e9f972b4a457ddf.png

Mike

Thank you for posting the screenshots Mike. I like the idea of all doors unlocking on first press.

Mike.
That all now looks the same as the options available for the T5. All good stuff.

Mike.
That all now looks the same as the options available for the T5. All good stuff.
Thanks that's good to know.

They have emailed me asking how it went.

Someone asked about getting door mirrors to auto fold on ignition off which would be handy so I've made a request.

Mike

Thanks that's good to know.

They have emailed me asking how it went.

Someone asked about getting door mirrors to auto fold on ignition off which would be handy so I've made a request.

Mike
I have reprogrammed the Headlight high beam assistance to operate at a lower speed with VCDS so this could be useful

Got a reply back from Carista re the folding mirrors on lock and it's a No!

Mike

I don't think this doable from my research.

Sorry chaps dosing at the camper, misread the post! I thought it read auto lock when moving. I'll see what they say next week.

Sorry chaps dosing at the camper, misread the post! I thought it read auto lock when moving. I'll see what they say next week.
Thanks no problem Teejay. Post 136 first option. You just need someone with Carista or similar in your area.

Mike

Thanks no problem Teejay. Post 136 first option. You just need someone with Carista or similar in your area.

Mike
Pretty sure a friend of mine has the correct kit if not I might just buy one when no longer a beta.

Dealer told me auto folding mirrors not possible and I haven't found a way with VCDS. There have been threads on the T4/5 forums about it and so far no luck. Seems odd as it's a standard feature on so many VW group vehicles.

Back