Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Quasimodo T6 bike rack

Sp0_0k

Sp0_0k

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
Looking nice but I'd wait for an old T5 one.
The price for a new one so outrageous that no rush here :)

T6Beach

T6Beach

VIP Member
i think this T6 bike rack is always going to be a bit marmite, I personally hate it as I really feel it does not look like it belongs on the Cali, whereas the T5 one looked like it was designed especially for the T5, the T6 one does look like something universal picked up from Halfords.

I know not everyone will agree but it just annoys me

clarinetbcn

clarinetbcn

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
I hope Forum Members take note of the Red Warning sign. A requirement in Italy and Spain ( Has to be Aluminium in Italy ) and present wether you have bicycles on the rack or not.
Spain requires the warning sign if the load protrudes beyond the width of the vehicle, so not needed when the rack is folded without bikes. Info directly from chief of police in my area.

Last edited:
WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Glaring error saying only three bikes allowed on Tailgate bike rack. Does not seem to be reliable info.
Well its a Spanish site so I can't comment. Maybe you should check out the Spanish version, maybe something lost in translation.:thumb

clarinetbcn

clarinetbcn

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Spain requires the warning sign if the load protrudes beyond the width of the vehicle, so not needed when the rack is folded without bikes. Info directly from chief of police in my area.
Just to clarify, yes, the warning sign is required when the bike rack is in use, including rack mounted bags even if they don't protrude on the sides. Not required when the rack is not in use and folded.

clarinetbcn

clarinetbcn

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Inthink it's
We have also held off buying a bike rack as like others we dislike the Quasimodo T6 rack, I personally think the T5 rack looks like it is meant to fit whereas the Quasimodo rack looks like something aftermarket you picked up at halfords.
I think it's most interesting to note that the new rack seems to carry the bikes about 10cm lower than the old one. I take a big hit on milage, about 22%, with bikes on my Fiamma Pro, which is positioned like the T5 rack (I will get to the modification to mount the bikes with front wheels off to keep below roofline!). I suspect improving aerodynamics and therefor milage is behind the redesign.

flying banana

flying banana

T6 Ocean 204ps manual
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
You can buy a t5 style bike rack for a t6. Try a company that rhymes with camper van elastic. They have them on their site

Our Partners