Quasimodo T6 bike rack

T6 CFO

T6 CFO

Mike
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Looks good and is fit for purpose. One definite is they are a very individual choice depending on circumstances.
One question I have never asked is can they be slimmed down by removing rails.

Mike

uskoeln

uskoeln

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Does anyone outside the UK have a photo of their T6 supplied with T5 type bike rack so that I can ask VW the reason why UK customers get the ugly Quasimodo bike rack?
Herr we are:

Hope it helps

Ciao

Uwe (Lake Como, Italy)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

SusiBus

SusiBus

2-pedal power Peppa Pig trike
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Uskoein,

Great! Thanks for the part number and photo.

I’ve sent the photo of the red Beach, your parts list and the picture of the grey Ocean to my UK dealer as proof that they are available and asked him to order one for our T6.

I expect the reply will be that they're not available in the UK, which will then prompt a question directly from me to VW UK Head Office. What this space!

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Herr we are:

Hope it helps

Ciao

Uwe (Lake Como, Italy)

I hope Forum Members take note of the Red Warning sign. A requirement in Italy and Spain ( Has to be Aluminium in Italy ) and present wether you have bicycles on the rack or not.

uskoeln

uskoeln

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
That is right. And Italy and Spain have different ones. I got this one from Amazon where you can turn it to Spain or Italy.

Is cheaper and more flexible

Uwe

T6 CFO

T6 CFO

Mike
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Given myself some breathing space by deleting bike rack from my dealer fit options. Visited my dealers today and they actually had two Cali's in the car park one with old rack and one with new. It does look that the only issue with the old and the new is the difference in shape where the rack clamps above light cluster. I actually prefer the look of the Cali with the bike rack so it's just a case for me of waiting for the right one. Fingers crossed the old one will fit as I like the way the VW one fits to the vehicle.

Mike

Sp0_0k

Sp0_0k

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
I hope Forum Members take note of the Red Warning sign. A requirement in Italy and Spain ( Has to be Aluminium in Italy ) and present wether you have bicycles on the rack or not.
The sign should be there even with folded rack? What is the point?

WelshGas

WelshGas

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
The sign should be there even with folded rack? What is the point?
Because it projects beyond the footprint of the vehicle. You can argue with the Italian and Spanish Police if you wish. Let us know how you get on if you do! :thumb

Sp0_0k

Sp0_0k

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
If a towbar projects beyond the footprint should hang it as well? Or a ski box on a roof.

WelshGas

WelshGas

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
If a towbar projects beyond the footprint should hang it as well? Or a ski box on a roof.
If the Towbar is removable, probably yes, if fixed then no. If Ski Box overhangs rear, then yes.

SusiBus

SusiBus

2-pedal power Peppa Pig trike
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I received the following reply from my UK VW dealer to the request to order a T5 type bike rack that is available for the T6 in Europe, well that is apart from the UK. Perhaps VW think that we won't be part of the EU after June and prepared themselves in advance!

“ The only rack available from VW in the UK is a 7EO-071-104. I note from picture 2 that the part number is 7EO-071-104A, which we have tried to order and is not available in UK (yet)”

I phoned VW customer services to no avail, so I shall pursue the issue with VW Head Office over the next few days and report back my findings.

T6 CFO

T6 CFO

Mike
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I received the following reply from my UK VW dealer to the request to order a T5 type bike rack that is available for the T6 in Europe, well that is apart from the UK. Perhaps VW think that we won't be part of the EU after June and prepared themselves in advance!

“ The only rack available from VW in the UK is a 7EO-071-104. I note from picture 2 that the part number is 7EO-071-104A, which we have tried to order and is not available in UK (yet)”

I phoned VW customer services to no avail, so I shall pursue the issue with VW Head Office over the next few days and report back my findings.
Good stuff. If you get a result on this I shall be buying the beers.

Mike

T6Beach

T6Beach

VIP Member
We have also held off buying a bike rack as like others we dislike the Quasimodo T6 rack, I personally think the T5 rack looks like it is meant to fit whereas the Quasimodo rack looks like something aftermarket you picked up at halfords.

Sp0_0k

Sp0_0k

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
Anybody got a part number for that old bike rack for T6? 7EO-071-104 and 7EO-071-104A are both new rack with just max weight difference.

Sp0_0k

Sp0_0k

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
And regarding outside UK we have those new as well.

T6 CFO

T6 CFO

Mike
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Atera Linea is still looking like an alternative. I have requested release date of rack for the T6. Not sure however that it will go on one with the chrome pack as mine does Asked for clarification but seem to remember reading somewhere that it doesn't. I will post if and when I get a reply.

Has anyone tried the old T5 rack on a T6?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
T6 CFO

T6 CFO

Mike
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Got this reply back from Atera very efficient..

"At the moment we do not have any rack for the T6. So we would ask you to have a look on our homepage from time to time, perhaps in 1-2 months."

Mike

Our Partners