Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

QUECHUA MSH Living Room Inflatable Camping Shelter

I think packing it down will improve with practice.

Yes, getting the air out of the supports does seem to be an issue but just needs a young body to roll around on the tent to get it all out...bit too old for that now! But it is also the usual one of lots of fabric to fold away in the right way.

The construction of the tent looks excellent at first glance. The weakest bit seems to be the bag zip which will not latch up correctly unless you are careful.

Time will tell.

Alan

We've bought one of these too along with the 3 man tent which attaches. Figured a gazebo is always handy at home anyway, and a 3 man tent is always handy. We've bought loads of Decathlon stuff over the years generally with no issues.
I like the flexibility of the set up, you can position the sleeping pod in any direction you like to best suit circumstances.
Now got to decide what to do with our driveway awning - in bad weather it's certainly nice to be able to attach to the van. Looks like I may be trying to cut my losses on our lovely but expensive Oxygen Movelite 3!

Think these are now out of stock on the Decathlon website, but interestingly the pop up version is now showing as back in stock?!?

Georgiegirl, If you fancied one, it would be worth ringing a few stores. They had plenty at the Stockport store...after not having any until it went on sale.
That pop up model was very popular and were sought-after 2nd hand on ebay, so nice to see it back. It is only 2.25m sq vs 2.95m for the inflatable. There was a Base Seconds XL pop up, but that's no longer listed.

Georgiegirl, If you fancied one, it would be worth ringing a few stores. They had plenty at the Stockport store...after not having any until it went on sale.
That pop up model was very popular and were sought-after 2nd hand on ebay, so nice to see it back. It is only 2.25m sq vs 2.95m for the inflatable. There was a Base Seconds XL pop up, but that's no longer listed.

Thanks T4WFA have already ordered one on tinternet :D

Just had our first weekend away with the MSH Family room.
We have bought the 3 person bedroom too, but muggins didn't bring it so we haven't tried this yet.

The Family room worked very well. Had a family meal in it with the sunny side open. Like all 4 walls being unzipperble. Went up and down easily and we packed it away much more tidily than on our test in the garden.

A great shout Blue Knight and T4WFA.

Thanks

Alan

I have not used mine yet, but I did put it up in the garden yesterday.

I'm very impressed how easy it was to put up, and I thought it packed away no harder than any other tent or drive-away awning I've had. Probably easier. It's a great size too.

The only trouble I had was trying to inflate it with a small 12v air pump. It wasn't up to the job. I had to go out to buy the hand pump. This worked a treat.

I been looking for a while for something like this, as I want some outside space without the faff of trying to re-align the drive-away awning each time we get back to the van. We have the sides for the wind-out awning but this doesn't really give enough space, other than for a night or two. Also, when it's windy, the wind-out awning makes too much noise. I thought this looked like a good solution.

I'm glad to hear you thought it was a success.

Cheers, Matt.

This is how we used it last weekend in Epping Forest.
IMG_1393.JPG
Another van at the site had the same model as this, which had side walls with windows zipped onto one door porch. Meant to pop over and ask them about it but other things got in the way.

Alan

Alan
The 3 berth tent which can attach to the living room has the one door porch you refer to. It is removed to connect the bedroom to the living room then the porch can be zipped in to replace one of the awning sides. Clever stuff!

Ahhh, that makes sense. We bought the 3 berth tent at the same time as the Family Room, but is still in its bag, unopened. I got into trouble at the weekend for not taking it...doohh!

Alan

This looks great for camping and Campervans! I had a look on Decathlon but it looks like they're actually sold out now! :(
I don't suppose anyone has one they may wish to part with (i.e. sell)?

I went into our local store and asked although it was still on all the literature, I believe it is end of line.

I got one and two of the 3-man tents to join on. My local Decathlon had them in until the weekend but have now sold out. If you are local to a store, I'd pop in and ask them to check their computer to see if any stores still have them. I did this recently with a bicycle accessory and came up trumps. Stockport rang Warrington who held the item I wanted until I could collect.

If anybody has one of these that they would like to sell, let me know :)

Hi James

If you can handle the slightly smaller size, I could recommend the Base Seconds 'pop up' version that I believe is still available on the Decathlon website.
We've been using one for a while now and are often stopped by fellow campers asking where we acuired it from. Great bit of kit (see previously posted link below)

http://www.vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/quechua-base.9440/#post-92684

Good luck

Thanks LowMan... having seen both, I don't think they really compare.. my hope is that Quechua will reintroduce the MSH Living Room for next season.

Even at it's original £279 I think it is probably good value.

Thanks again, James :)

Gutted that Quechua seem to have stopped making the MSH tents. We have the living room one but I really want to get one of the additional room tents. Does anyone have one that they want to sell - pretty please?!?
Thanks
Amelia

Hi,
I bought two bethrooms of the set but could not find living room.
I wonder if. Any one have a living room to sell please send me a message or email me on Sadegh.ardalan@+++++.com.
Many thanks
Sadegh

For those that were interested in this thread, I'm just about to list an carefully stored unused / unwrapped 3 man tent that zips on to the bigger shelter. This bit.....
ad1.JPG

In case anyone interested I’m about to sell one living room and two of the separate bedrooms which can be used on their own or attached to the living room. PM me if of interest

Back