Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Question.....So when your California reaches build?

Update from build week 46 under-graduate. Through some shenanigans with the dealer, the collection of my van that was going to be on the 8th, and then on the 15th, is now going to be on the 6th. Yes, tomorrow! Very excited, and thank you @2020 freedom for the checklist of things to take. I'm hoping to also pick up my slide pod in the afternoon too, so I'll (hopefully) be smiling all the way back up the A303!

Van order form sent to dealer on 30th September. Build week 46 confirmed.
Van being collected 6th December.

67 days. For a 67 plate, and identical to @2020 freedom. Double spooky. :)

@2020 freedom - how's the new van then?!

Here I am :thumb

I got to SMG a little after 11 a.m.
Basically the hand over could take for ever if you want to over fill your brain. Martin stream lined thanks to what I have picked up on this forum and still didn't leave there until nearly 2 p.m.
It's crazy how much longer the route from Tonbridge via Lewes, Chichester, etc is to get back to my home. Basically I reside a couple of miles from Marwell Zoo. Once I got in, no amount of love for the Cali was going to keep me from eating.
Pleased with how Martin dealt with everything to be honest including a couple of niggles. I don't feel the need to elaborate as they will be sorted locally as 100% new items.
Then it was straight back out on the drive way having a rummage around.
Strange that now it's here with no water, gas, cutlery etc I really ended up just looking at it (damn Pete's got me again!!!!!!).
So tons to read in the manuals (shame that really is plural).
I took the rack in a box because the likely hood is, I wont be fitting it until spring.

I'm going to post a pic on another thread in a mo then sleep for England.
So there we have it, another graduation complete but I'll be keeping an eye out for you all.
:thanks

Last edited:
Double spooky.
Indeed. German perfectionism?..
Have a great collection day - double excitement with the rather clever slide pod addition too.

We will all be waiting for your updates tomorrow evening.

We will all be waiting for your updates tomorrow evening.

Part 1: van collected!
Part 2: slidepod to be collected this afternoon hopefully
7b9df3b299a07ebaae4cd3a194b59616.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You've made good progress this morning with Part 1 @ChrisS , happy so far?

Hopefully Part 2 this afternoon is a success too.

@Jason wallace applause!!!!!
except I'm not happy that your avatar doesn't show or more to the point the union flag is obscuring......
YOUR BLUE FOAM.:cool:

Part 1: van collected!
Part 2: slidepod to be collected this afternoon hopefully
7b9df3b299a07ebaae4cd3a194b59616.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Pictures Chris....
Or it didn't happen :eek:

But as it's Christmas, congratulations anyway :veryfunny

Pictures Chris....
Or it didn't happen :eek:

Useless tapatalk didn't upload for some reason... Have I managed to attach something here?

Unfortunately slidepod collection delayed until 15th Dec. No worries, as no camping trips planned in meantime.

But the van is home and I'm very happy. Children very excited too which actually really made it for me.

Thanks to all of you fellow hyper stalkers for being as interested in where ships are in the north sea as I have been. :thanks

Good luck hyper-stalkers of the future!

collectionday1.jpg

Congratulations @ChrisS glad you and the family are pleased and excited too. Yes the picture really is there - no glitches this time. Graduation done and dusted - now for some serious camping fun and exploring new places.

How was the trip back from Plymouth? Assuming you are back now.

Will you be using Lookers at Guildford for servicing - or back to Snows with a Devon/Cornwall holiday into the mix?

Careful with that awning as Caroline sweeps down the country - although we should be fairly ok in the South.

Very nice Chirs
:cheers

How was the trip back from Plymouth? Assuming you are back now.
Yep, trip all good thanks. Took it slowly because I'd forgotten to ask if it needed any kind of running in. It's a DSG so not easy to over-rev it anyway.

Will you be using Lookers at Guildford for servicing - or back to Snows with a Devon/Cornwall holiday into the mix?
Not sure yet. May well be Guildford as would be tricky to be without a car on holiday, but we do spend a fair bit of time down in Plymouth area anyway, so will see how things pan out timing-wise. Will also do some rummaging on the forums to see where gets a good write up for servicing. Could plan a holiday around it e.g. book it in for servicing in Scotland somewhere! :) :thumb

Careful with that awning as Caroline sweeps down the country - although we should be fairly ok in the South.
Noted, and hatches battened down. :thanks

@Jason wallace good luck with your graduation!

Yep, trip all good thanks. Took it slowly because I'd forgotten to ask if it needed any kind of running in. It's a DSG so not easy to over-rev it anyway.
One of the manuals :rolleyes: says about running in but my dealer never mentioned it either.
So feels like it doesn't really matter (so long as you simply treat it with a degree of mechanical sympathy).
I did knock it into neutral once though reaching clumsily up for the touch screen and the revs shot up as I put my foot on the accelerator :embarrased. But obviously no load on the engine and not too high revs..but I heard it and gave myself a clip round the ear.

Tick...........
Tock..........
Tick...........
Tock..........
Blimey is it still Sunday ? :veryfunny

Good luck tomorrow Jason.

Remember a few posts back we were jesting about hoping to find a heap of money stashed in the glove box....

Well, I forgot to tell you...

Na - not money I am afraid, but a bunch of oak leaves were lurking under the bonnet when the Sales guy opened it up to show us the engine compartment. Apparently our van had been in their storage compound, under some trees, but the vehicle prep team had not checked.

Mrs Pete said 'hmmm something for your checklist in the future' the embarrassed sales guy said with a hint of anger 'it IS on the checklist!'. We suspect that there was a meeting later, without coffee, between Sales and Vehicle Prep.

So @Jason wallace remember to check the glove box for cash and the engine compartment for leaves.

Wasnt looking promising this morning with all the snow in my neck of the woods but come 17.30 i decided to risk it and have carefully driven up to Liverpool in prep for tomorrow. Although i do have visions of another heavy downfall tonight and getting there to find it shut or minus any sales team.

Tick...........
Tock..........
Tick...........
Tock..........
Blimey is it still Sunday ? :veryfunny

Good luck tomorrow Jason.

Thanks Pete. Sounds like you got good service from Lookers. Not sure I'll take up the suggestion of letting O'Connors rent my van out before I've even got to use it, even if they are very nice people! :-D
Sorry we don’t take on other people’s vans. Too much damage is done to them. We would always be a middleman negotiating damage costs. It was already like that, no it wasn’t, the previous hirer must have weakened it etc etc.

Back