Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Quicker than expected...

R

Rhic

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
after years of researching I finally ordered a ocean in late may. Loads of great advice on here which really helped.

I was expecting a 6 month wait so lots of time to faff with the spec, sell my old t25 westfalia in the autumn and shop around for accessories.

But no. I have a build time for July with delivery looking like the first week of September!

Obviously very pleased but has anyone else recently ordered and got such a quick build and estimated delivery?

You must have been allocated a Cali that was cancelled by someone else. My order dates early December and I have an (unconfirmed) production date in October!

Finalising the buildingdate all depends on weather all your chosen options are availeble the factory.
Say you chose a type of alu wheels witch is out of stock and can not be deliverd by the producer , they do not start building the Chassis and your order keep moving further down the list.
Say a prop shaft for a 4motion drive train is out of order....bad luck !
From the first action down the line it is decided witch chassis it is , the floorpanels and wheelacres are welded together and a hole is cut in the floor to discide it is a LHD or RHD ....no way back.
Wheels and drive train go under , halfway the factory line right afther the body is painted so wheels are a big influence imo.
Diffrent seatconfigurations on a beach , diffrent seatfabric , ....
Many parts are deliverd to build in "just in time" a trainline stops in the facrory , bringin parts in to go out and straight to the buildinglines.
The line the Cali chassis is build on also has the people carrier on it , panelvans and special chassis like pick-up and high-tops are a second line.
Then the naked/roofless Cali needs to be transported by lorry to the other side of Hannover to the Limmer plant to finnisch of the Cali.
The Cali assembling factory got some parts- stock (kitchen units , pop-tops,....)

When we where at the factory in april the both lines where shut down for almost 48h due to technical problems .....imagine what it does to the delivery dates....
It's simple , they can sell more T6's than they can produce!

Ordered 27 th March and pick up TODAY. So thats around 12 weeks. Must say the dealer has been absolutely fantastic. Cant wait to see her..

A great weekend ahead. It will take all weekend to put all the stuff in her that I have bought. Hopefully I can save some money now and stop buying.... Its a disease....

Ordered 27 th March and pick up TODAY. So thats around 12 weeks. Must say the dealer has been absolutely fantastic. Cant wait to see her..

A great weekend ahead. It will take all weekend to put all the stuff in her that I have bought. Hopefully I can save some money now and stop buying.... Its a disease....

Oh Congratulations on your new arrival :bananadance2. We'll look forward to waving to you on the road. What colour are we looking out for?

Yes mine too, I ordered on 22nd March and was told to expect a 5 month wait. BUT, I had a call yesterday saying its scheduled build week 29, which is 4-6 weeks quicker than they expected :)

Hoping for an Indian summer and some use this year after all.

Back