Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali radio

S

Sian

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
forgive me if this is an obvious question...

I am currently hiding from the wind in the Cali at a dog agility show and have the radio on. Does the radio work the same as the car and run off just the engine battery? Or does it also feed from the lesuire batteries when the engine is off? I don't want to drain the engine battery and I don't have the booklet on me to look it up!

It runs of the van battery and will automatically turn off after about 30 mins
Without the keys in the ignition

Thank you Calikev. Think I need to get a 12v radio then!

Good luck with the agility :)

So your manual is not in your Cali? And seems you don't even know the basics....
What are your moves if you get no answer on this forum ....dail emergency?
Think you need to be better prepared.

I have sat in the Cali for over two hours with the radio on and no problem with batteries going flat.

The only problem I had was a late running train when I was supposed to be picking someone up from the station :(

Easy tiger. Play nicely or don't play at all.

No need to give me nicknames , if anyone thinks he do need a manual in their verhicle , i'm rather thinking of other four legged animals.
He got his answer to his Q , thats what counts eighter of us do not want to end up flatten the battery .....

Mine is usually in the house at the moment as a newbie and am trying to wade through it all as so much to learn - like buying a house and a car all rolled into one compact space - easy to forget to pop it back in when going out. For me, anyway :embarrased

My Handbook Pack has a piece of Velcro , Hook Side, on the back and sits on the carpet just below the gear stick. Always at hand for a little light reading.

My Handbook Pack has a piece of Velcro , Hook Side, on the back and sits on the carpet just below the gear stick. Always at hand for a little light reading.
Another benefit to DSG, a free hand for page turning :D

• Informative
Reactions: DM
So your manual is not in your Cali? And seems you don't even know the basics....
I find the manual extremely difficult to follow, it covers so many different variants you're never sure what applies to your own vehicle. Plus every instruction is preceded by dire safety warnings and disclaimers. :confused:

Mr Google is far more friendly! :)

I find the manual extremely difficult to follow, it covers so many different variants you're never sure what applies to your own vehicle. Plus every instruction is preceded by dire safety warnings and disclaimers. :confused:

Mr Google is far more friendly! :)

It can be useful as a levelling block though :shocked

Thank you for your helpful comments.

Hotel California - I was not using the van for camping that day, and yes I have a lot to learn and people have been very helpful on this forum. Should I not of got an answer I would simply of turned the radio off until I did know the answer - no panic ;).
Same as Alison my manual is often in the house for some "light reading". I shall be sure to keep it with me on my camping weekends as not to feel your wrath ;).

It can be useful as a levelling block though :shocked
Similar thing here.....when parked on a steep gradient I pop my manual under one of the wheels as a safety measure,that's when I haven't any of the wife's bread pudding on board

Alan

Similar thing here.....when parked on a steep gradient I pop my manual under one of the wheels as a safety measure,that's when I haven't any of the wife's bread pudding on board

Alan
Very Brave.:thumb

Harsh but fair :thumb
Read the manual or this forum. This question is posted about 10 times/day!!!

Harsh but fair :thumb
Read the manual or this forum. This question is posted about 10 times/day!!!

If I was camping in the wilds somewhere then yes, a bit daft to leave the vehicle manual behind but this was at a dog agility show, sheltering in the vehicle, "damn it, am I ok running the radio? I know, I'm a member of a super friendly forum and I'll just dial in and ask"....

Back