Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Raskelf Duvalay

Hubert

Hubert

VIP Member
Spotted in January's Caravan Club magazine that Raskelf have an offer on the duvalay from 1st to 15th Jan reducing it's price to £99.95 giving a saving of £20.

Thought that those who were put off by the high price might now be tempted. I can't comment on the duvalay as we use two North Face sleeping bags zipped together, but they do seem to get good reviews on this forum and others.

Hubert

Had hours or about 4 years now, absolutely brilliant. They are bulky but very comfy and fill that gap between sleeping bag restrictiveness and duvet hogging which my wife does! And great for my damaged spine. The memory foam can make some feel a bit hotter as the material retains heat, but never bothered either of us. Good kit.

Tempted to buy a couple of these in the 20% off sale, what thickness do most of you use ? 2.5cm sounds like it could be a bit too thin, however the 5cm maybe too bulky for storage?

We went for the 4cm with summer weight duvets. They've been fab and warm enough sleeping downstairs over New Year. We can *just* fit 4 side be side on the rear shelf. The best purchase we've made for the Cali.

We are thinking of purchasing two Duvalay's for the downstairs bed and can't decide on which thickness to get (2.5cm versus 4cm). I see from the replies below that some of you have gone for the 4cm version so I was wondering whether anyone has opted for the 2cm Duvalay for use downstairs. If so, I would really be interested to get your view on the comfort level. Thanks Mark.

Calimark said:
We are thinking of purchasing two Duvalay's for the downstairs bed and can't decide on which thickness to get (2.5cm versus 4cm). I see from the replies below that some of you have gone for the 4cm version so I was wondering whether anyone has opted for the 2cm Duvalay for use downstairs. If so, I would really be interested to get your view on the comfort level. Thanks Mark.

Having just spent our first night "testing" the 4cm Duvalay we have no issues with it. A really comfortable sleep on the bottom bed. The 4cms really took out the bumps from the three sections of the bed.

The Raskelf pillows on the other hand.... I wouldn't bother with, moulded well but if you moved; they didn't!

if you buy two of them, do they fit side by side on the top and bottom mattresses pls ? looking at the measurements on the website, they look too wide to go side by side

thanks

gatvol said:
if you buy two of them, do they fit side by side on the top and bottom mattresses pls ? looking at the measurements on the website, they look too wide to go side by side

thanks
Yes they do fit side by side both upstairs and downstairs. There's slightly less width downstairs because of the wardrobe which means they 'curl up' by 3 inches or so either side.

To be honest this isn't an issue. However some people ask Raskelf to trim them using their template to the exact size. If, like us, you want to sleep in different configurations I wouldn't recommend this. The 4 of us each have our own Duvalay and take it in turns to sleep upstairs/downstairs.

Only one thing to say about the Duvalay's zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....they are brilliant (IMO)

I just made use of duvalays 20% off this November and ordered 2 x 4cm summer duvalays
Tried them out last weekend really comfy .i didn't find them being slightly to wide an issue
Rolled up into their own little bags a treat I'm only glad I didn't order the winter ones :thumb :thumb

I have a duvalay with a 4.5 tog duvet. Nipped into Argos this week and bought a single 13.5 tog duvet for £8 and it fitted fine (it is only 5cm wider than a duvalay duvet. It fits the liner very well it justs makes the whole lot much bigger. I will be testing the duvalay next week in the Lakes to see if it is a wise purchase.

Back