Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rattle

• Thread starter DessyParkerWigWam
  • Start date
DessyParkerWigWam

DessyParkerWigWam

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Just got my first - second hand VW Ocean 2019 delivered today. There is quite a Rattle in the draw under the back seat - is this common and if so any suggestions to stop it? I would be grateful if one of you could help.

No rattle in ours. I assume that it is empty and so not anything actually in the drawer. Attached to the back of the drawer is the tool kit - I have wrapped cloth around a couple of bits in there to stop rattles.

Just got my first - second hand VW Ocean 2019 delivered today. There is quite a Rattle in the draw under the back seat - is this common and if so any suggestions to stop it? I would be grateful if one of you could help.
Assuming it’s not any cargo in the draw itself then other things to check around that area would be -
- the awning winder handle - should be held in place by 3 plastic clips
- tool kit, which is to the rear of the bench seat, so behind the draw
- check that the bench seat is properly clicked in to place - sometimes it needs a bit of a bum on seat wiggle to get it to click in
- kitchen table, make sure the ”prong” on the underside of the table slides in to the hole on the bottom plastic bung when you slide it in to place. That’s quite a common source of rattles.
- tyre inflation kit, if you have that which is mounted under the bench (if you don’t have a spare wheel)

am sure there are plenty more sources of rattles that others will come up with

Thanks for that - will have a good look tomorrow - did not even know there was a toolkit at the back of that draw….

This may help as similar issue

There’s a couple of bolts at the back of the drawer, accessible from the boot. They’ve got black plastic knurled heads so you tighten by hand and can easily come loose.

I assume the drawer was empty, but being metal is always going to be susceptible to rattles. Accordingly when we first got I completely lined ours, top and sides with carpet cut to size.
Very plush and never a source of rattles however or whatever my wife loads it with :D

Back