Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Under Seat Drawer Rattle

Aidy P

Aidy P

Don't play that 'What If?' game, you'll never win!
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Does anyone else suffer from 'extra drawer rattle'?

I've checked and can't see any loose screws. The only way to stop it is to wedge something underneath it.

Will be asking VW to replace the drawer. Just wondered if it is a common issue.

image.jpeg

Don't think many got that xta drawer .
Does it ratle empty and or fully loaded?
If empty more chance i think , also,i think the fact it just hangs on one side in a rail giving me second thoughts on it's solidnes....
How much was it as option?

I just mounted the extra drawer inspired from this forum, I found all original parts in Germany at 275€ delivered. It took 20 min to instal.

I suffered from the rattle until yesterday, when I actually discovered the source.

It was the edge in the drawer (marked red) hitting the locking nob. My (temporary) solution is a small piece of isolating rubber normal uses for doos and windows.

The annoring rattle is gone ;-)

PS: I really want to optimize space, and the drawers is very useful for things you use in the kitchen. Mine is full of sealed boxes with coffee, tea, sugar, etc.

2016-03-20-11.16.10.png

Last edited:
I just mounted the extra drawer inspired from this forum, I found all original parts in Germany at 275€ delivered. It took 20 min to instal.

I suffered from the rattle until yesterday, when I actually discovered the source.

It was the edge in the drawer (marked red) hitting the locking nob. My (temporary) solution is a small piece of isolating rubber normal uses for doos and windows.

PS: I really want to optimize space, and the drawers is very useful for things you use in the kitchen. Mine is full of sealed boxes with coffee, tea, sugar, etc.

View attachment 12695

Kmann, do you have a link to the site where you bought the drawer as I'd be interested in getting one - especially if it fits a T5? Thanks,

There is a whole thread on here somewhere giving the sources & prices of all the parts & fitting instructions.
Whilst I would like the draw, in our van that is the only available space for long items, usually has the legs of our Cadac, handles for kids fishing nets etc down there & is the best way of fitting skis in the boot.

I understand vans delivered without a spare wheel have the gunge & pump in that space thats why its not available as an option on some.

If empty more chance i think , also,i think the fact it just hangs on one side in a rail giving me second thoughts on it's solidnes....
It rattles when full and empty

View attachment 12695
Thanks for this I'll give it a go

Kmann, do you have a link to the site where you bought the drawer as I'd be interested in getting one - especially if it fits a T5? Thanks,

Google "Autohaus Hans Carstens GmbH" and you will find it. Give them a call og fill in the form (like i did) … the website is in Danish ;-)

I ordered this list (all you need) of spares:

1 x Drawer - 7E7 068 041 30T
2 x Drawer Runners - 7H7 067 470
8 x Screw - N907 750 01
2 x Screw - N905 624 01

Google "Autohaus Hans Carstens GmbH" and you will find it. Give them a call og fill in the form (like i did) … the website is in Danish ;-)

I ordered this list (all you need) of spares:

1 x Drawer - 7E7 068 041 30T
2 x Drawer Runners - 7H7 067 470
8 x Screw - N907 750 01
2 x Screw - N905 624 01

Tak, Cliff

Sorry, No rattle on mine.

I've just checked and mine has this 'cushioned' latch fitted. It still rattles though

image.jpeg

I've just checked and mine has this 'cushioned' latch fitted. It still rattles though

View attachment 12726

Wonder if that is an original part? Did you have the Cali from new?

Otherwise it would be great to her from someone who did have the car with the drawer originally fitted, just to see if there actually is a original solution to the annoring problem ;-)

£150 for the drawer and roof storage net

Wonder if that is an original part? Did you have the Cali from new?

Otherwise it would be great to her from someone who did have the car with the drawer originally fitted, just to see if there actually is a original solution to the annoring problem ;-)
Yes. It was registered this month and the drawer was one of the options

Yes. It was registered this month and the drawer was one of the options

Oki … I am not sure if the solution you got is only for the T6? But if it still rattles, its not much of a solution. Maybe the rattle is caused by something else? Mine was as described above and is gone for now.

But the first I tried was some soft padding similar the ones you have. (I used the pads you buy in IKEA and stick under stuff to avoid scratches - dont know the name in english). But that did not work.

Oki … I am not sure if the solution you got is only for the T6? But if it still rattles, its not much of a solution. Maybe the rattle is caused by something else? Mine was as described above and is gone for now.

But the first I tried was some soft padding similar the ones you have. (I used the pads you buy in IKEA and stick under stuff to avoid scratches - dont know the name in english). But that did not work.
I can't easily tell where it is catching to create the rattle. It'll have to be a delaer fix I think. I'll let you know what they do.

I can't easily tell where it is catching to create the rattle. It'll have to be a delaer fix I think. I'll let you know what they do.

Much appreciated. Thank you ;-)

Interesting. Do you know if you have a sort of absorber on yours. Maybe I missed to order som rubberpart? ;-)
Mine was factory fitted extra same as Aidy P.

Are you sure your table is stowed properly, engaged on the pin at the bottom?

Are you sure your table is stowed properly, engaged on the pin at the bottom?
Yes. It's definitely the drawer. To my wife's amusement she drove me whilst I was laid out on the floor trying to identify it!

Yes. It's definitely the drawer. To my wife's amusement she drove me whilst I was laid out on the floor trying to identify it!
I had visions, but this is a family Forum!.:D

I was going 'freestyle'! No belt. No bags. That's about as adrenaline as I get nowadays ;)

Back