Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

RCD310 fault

TimR

TimR

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi my 5 year old RCD310 was coming up with a fault each time I put a CD in to play. Saying CD error - service Tried loads of CDs all originals.
Decided to buy a new RCD310 which I fitted today and annoyingly it is doing exactly the same thing.
Can anyone shine light on this issue before I return the new one?
Cheers

IMG_0601.jpg

I don't know what the fault is but I have a spare fully working 310 you are welcome to try if you are anywhere near me?

Some interesting stuff comes up on a google search, but most to do with non original CDs. A dirty lens can seem to cause the error. Did the guy who sold you the new one actually test it wasn't suffering from the same problem?
I doubt it is anything specific to your van (despite VW's complications) and I would suspect new unit was sold on because it was faulty?

I don't know what the fault is but I have a spare fully working 310 you are welcome to try if you are anywhere near me?
Thanks, will see what develops first.

Some interesting stuff comes up on a google search, but most to do with non original CDs. A dirty lens can seem to cause the error. Did the guy who sold you the new one actually test it wasn't suffering from the same problem?
I doubt it is anything specific to your van (despite VW's complications) and I would suspect new unit was sold on because it was faulty?
Bought on ebay from seller who looks to trade many of these units and yes said it was tried and tested and was working.

We don’t know where you are based. I’ve a 310 spare you can try if you are near Glossop

We don’t know where you are based. I’ve a 310 spare you can try if you are near Glossop
Im in Newcastle. The seller has given me some troubleshooting advice so will try all that. Thanks

I've established the problem was definitely the cd player in the old unit, but i've also sent the other 2nd hand one back as it was in shoddy condition and the parking sensors didn't match up as it was from a car. So I suppose what I would like to ask is if anyone has a spare RCD310 they would be prepared to let go of? Obviously happy to pay something and cover p&p if collection isn't feasible. I'm guessing a local dealer can provide the 4 digit security code needed to activate it in another vehicle.

I've one, directly out of a 2010 Cali. I loved the unit and only swapped it for a 310DAB and an aerial stuck on the windscreen.
If you are interested, pm me with a bid and I'll let you have a yes / no. You know the market better than me. It was working perfectly when it was removed 5 months ago. Parking sensors ok etc.
It's surprising how many variants of these devices there are......powering different numbers of speakers as well as the parking problems you had. This is genuine Cali.

Back