Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6 Ocean arrived but advice needed?

Please be aware that the engine alternator can only charge the Leisure Batteries to about 80% capacity. This can damage them over time and will reduce their lifespan. Not cheap to replace. That is why VW state in the Handbook that the vehicle should be plugged into the mains for 12 - 24 hrs on a monthly basis to change them to 100% capacity.

Given the level of hand-wringing in this thread I don't think that dramatisation of the consequences is particularly helpful.

I've never used my Cali on hookup and my leisure batteries are still going strong after 6 years. A replacement pair of batteries is £170 Inc delivery.

Given the level of hand-wringing in this thread I don't think that dramatisation of the consequences is particularly helpful.

I've never used my Cali on hookup and my leisure batteries are still going strong after 6 years. A replacement pair of batteries is £170 Inc delivery.
Only stating what it says in the handbook. What you do personally is upto you.

If you can get a pair of OE Leisure Batteries for £170 delivered then maybe it would be of more use to the Forum if you published the details on the Forum to help other members.:thumb

Back