Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6 Ocean arrived but advice needed?

D

Dan

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Hi all.

The wait was finally over today when we went and collected our new T6 ocean 204 4motion in Indium grey. James at Eurovans Crawley was great and the handover covered everything that we needed to know.

Got around 36mpg (on the mfd) on the 120 mile drive home and really pleased we went for the dsg. It's smooth and powerful and you wouldn't know it weighs 2700kg from how it goes.

I'll post up some pics once we get a bit of sun.

The only issue I have is a problem with the roof. When I got James to demo the opening and closing it squeaked a bit while opening but went up and came back down fine.

However, a few hours later when I was showing it to family, it went up fine, again with a bit of squeaking bit bringing it down i ran into an problem.

I had both windows down, roof bed down, there was no wind so I started to lower the roof, after a bit I jumped out to check the bellows were clear and noticed (to my horror) that one side had come down considerably more than the other and the aluminium roof was at a bit of an unsightly angle!

After a bit of light swearing, I decided to put the roof back up fully and try again. Thankfully it came down level this time and no damage was done.

I'm assuming that something isn't lubricated properly on the elevation arms. Has anyone else had this issue?

It's taken a bit of the shine off my new Cali feeling.

Cheers. Dan.

Back to the dealer is the first thing you must do .

Dan. I had same problem with roof on my new t6 coming down at a angle. vw were goinging to fit 2 new rams. didn't fancy that. so just kept using it.after a while it sorted it selfout comes down level now.

Dan. I had same problem with roof on my new t6 coming down at a angle. vw were goinging to fit 2 new rams. didn't fancy that. so just kept using it.after a while it sorted it selfout comes down level now.
Just curious - why didn't you fancy the rams being replaced?

Just curious - why didn't you fancy the rams being replaced?
just had rear side blind replaced grease marks on side panel they broke interior light above.didnt tell me. it fell down when I whent over a bump.it was put back with gasket sealent. new light now replaced. just couldn't face another bodge up

just had rear side blind replaced grease marks on side panel they broke interior light above.didnt tell me. it fell down when I whent over a bump.it was put back with gasket sealent. new light now replaced. just couldn't face another bodge up
Oh dear! Sorry you had such a bad experience.

That doesn't sound good. Did you have any unusual noises during roof operation? I think what I thought was squeaking from the elevation arms is actually coming from the rams.

I'll call the dealer and see what they say, I'd prefer not to have any major work done so early on if I can help it. Just need to get it sorted so we can start enjoying the van.

Personally I would want a dealer to check it out if only for peace of mind. You do not want problems with the roof.

That doesn't sound good. Did you have any unusual noises during roof operation? I think what I thought was squeaking from the elevation arms is actually coming from the rams.

I'll call the dealer and see what they say, I'd prefer not to have any major work done so early on if I can help it. Just need to get it sorted so we can start enjoying the van.
no noise

Welcome to the world of VW Commercial !!! We had a problem with the fridge door meaning it had to go back into the dealer for two days. when we collected the van there were greasy fingerprints in five places and they managed to break some trip on the drivers seat.

Seems to have sorted itself out. Just went up and down a few times and now there's no noise and it's perfectly level. I'll still mention it to the dealer though and test it regularly before we go away for the first time next week.

Many thanks for your suggestion Dale.

The other problem I have is the battery charging symbol isn't showing when on hookup but I'll put that in another thread.

Cheers. Dan.

The other problem I have is the battery charging symbol isn't showing when on hookup but I'll put that in another thread.

I had that problem, just needed to switch on the breaker above the gas bottle! Lol.

Seems to have sorted itself out. Just went up and down a few times and now there's no noise and it's perfectly level. I'll still mention it to the dealer though and test it regularly before we go away for the first time next week.

Many thanks for your suggestion Dale.

Cheers. Dan.
have you swiched on the switch in the back storage shelves

Two different topics Wim,

Roof not coming down evenly and electrics...

just popped out to Albert... He wasn't charging either but then I realised I hadn't switched the house electrical socket on :oops:

Two different topics Wim,

Roof not coming down evenly and electrics...

just popped out to Albert... He wasn't charging either but then I realised I hadn't switched the house electrical socket on :oops:

I know but still counts for " advise needed" as the title said , he might as well discussed it here...
There is a topic existing on the battery symbol problem

I know but still counts for " advise needed" as the title said , he might as well discussed it here...
There is a topic existing on the battery symbol problem

Sorry I thought it was better to post the thread about the electric hook up in the T5 section as I thought it was more of a general Cali issue and nothing specific to the T6. Sorry for the confusion :rolleyes:

I've tested the hook up cable today with a mains polarity tester and it working fine. Still hoping it's the fuse but if not I will have to book it in with the dealer.

Sorry I thought it was better to post the thread about the electric hook up in the T5 section as I thought it was more of a general Cali issue and nothing specific to the T6. Sorry for the confusion :rolleyes:

I've tested the hook up cable today with a mains polarity tester and it working fine. Still hoping it's the fuse but if not I will have to book it in with the dealer.

One simple thing to check.
At the back of the Cali, base of the wardrobe, there is a panel. Remove it. Look inside. You will see one of the leisure batteries and above it the charger. There is a BLACK mains plug, like an electric kettle plug, make sure that is well and truly pushed in completely. Re connect to mains and see if your Control Panel is now showing 14+ volts.

One simple thing to check.
At the back of the Cali, base of the wardrobe, there is a panel. Remove it. Look inside. You will see one of the leisure batteries and above it the charger. There is a BLACK mains plug, like an electric kettle plug, make sure that is well and truly pushed in completely. Re connect to mains and see if your Control Panel is now showing 14+ volts.

Thanks Welshgas, after reading one of your earlier posts mentioning the charger, I've just been out and checked behind the panel and I was surprised to see that there is nothing plugged into the socket and there doesn't even appear to be a lead! I'll take another look tomorrow in daylight and see if the lead is tucked up behind the charger but I'm now fairly confident this is the cause of my hook up issue.

Is this right? Just called Eurovans and the chap I spoke to said he didn't think a cable was supplied! :headbang

image.jpeg

Er.............

Dan,

You should really be having this conversation, not dismantling the vehicle yourself to do what VW should fix under warranty ....

He could be confused between the internal charging system and the external hook-up cable.
Either way is is their responsibility to ensure that your vehicle charges up from hook-up.

-----------------

The vehicle should charge from hook-up

Mr Eurovans.... The vehicle should charge from hook-up

Now, Mr Eurovans, the vehicle does NOT charge from hook-up. It is a new vehicle. It is under warranty. It does not do what it is supposed to do. Fix it Mr Eurovans.

Cable.... no cable.... whatever cable....... wherever cable..... Mr Eurovans, it does not charge from hook-up for whatever reason and it should do so please fix it.

Last edited:
Is this right? Just called Eurovans and the chap I spoke to said he didn't think a cable was supplied! :headbang

View attachment 12737
EuroVans need a Brain Implant - because they obviously haven't got one in the first place.

Last edited:
Back