Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear bench movement?

C

Cironimo

Hello,

Having trouble with my onboard charger on my T4 Westy, so have fridge panel off, charger insight...but bench seat in my way, so how does one move the seat fully forward?? Found a manual that mentions removing a screw in the rail/runner nearest door but I can't see or find it...beginning to feel rather silly! :crazy

The stop screw in the rail should be obvious. It's a square block set into the rail with a screw through the middle.

If it's not there make sure your bench seat isn't simply locking into the next available position forward of it's normal place.

You can tell where it will stop from the circulat cutouts in the top of the rail. These positions are where the round spring loaded pins in the seat unit locate.

Make sure when you slide the seat fwd that you keep the lever pulled whilst you move it.

Hope the charger can be fixed. Around Euro 500 for a replacement! Ask me how I know this! :sad

S.

The stop screw in the rail should be obvious. It's a square block set into the rail with a screw through the middle.

If it's not there make sure your bench seat isn't simply locking into the next available position forward of it's normal place.

You can tell where it will stop from the circulat cutouts in the top of the rail. These positions are where the round spring loaded pins in the seat unit locate.

Make sure when you slide the seat fwd that you keep the lever pulled whilst you move it.

Hope the charger can be fixed. Around Euro 500 for a replacement! Ask me how I know this! :sad

S.

Regarding seat rail stopper bolts... Any idea's where I can get some of these? Need 2... :thumb

M6 bolt and half a dozen washers?

I dropped an email to Poptop.nl to ask if they could have any lying around... Answer came back 15€ each + shipping! They can go swivel on their captains chairs! They're having a giraffe!

...needless to say I will be pursuing @sidepod 's suggestion ;)

(ok, sorry, will stop hijacking this post now! :D)

Back