Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Recent Purchases Picture Thread ........

S

Stu

Guest User
There is one of these running on another VAG forum I frequent and it's really good so hopefully we'll get something good going here.

Bought something lately?? Anything goes. Post a picture and let discussion begin :thumb

I'll kick it off with my purchase for today -

MotordomeClassic11__46900_zoom.jpg

I've not managed to bag a groundsheet yet though, seem to be OOS everywhere.

Both Khyam and Somerset Camping have limited stock Gary. I think the Somerset Camping website is controlled by Khyam and the price is exactly the same. I bought from Khyam.

I got the Kador 6mm <> 3mm strip in a kit with figure of eight connectors (spare as it's already supplied with the tent) from Towsure this afternoon. £20 less C&CC discount. :thumb

We got a Motordome Classic too and used it for the first time this weekend. Very good. We got a 6mm x 4mm Kador strip from caravanstuff4u.co.uk (via their ebay site) for about £19.

How did you find putting it up??

Did you manage to get a ground sheet from anywhere?

Putting it up was dead easy. So easy it almost did it itself - you just sort of encourage it a bit. It does have a LOT of pegs though (not to self: buy a decent peg puller)

Lining it up with the van was pretty easy and will improve over a couple of outings. I connected it to the awning with the awning extended by a couple of inches to give clearance for the door.

Taking it down was a similar exercise. No worries.

Yes, we got a groundsheet from Khyam. It is however massive... and I think any generic groundsheet would do. We also got a carpet liner thing - which I doubt we will ever open up entirely. Would just buy a big rug next time.

Groundsheets are thin on the ground ...I was taking to the purchasing manager the other day as i e-mailed kyham and he said they are waiting for shipment to arrive at the end of july ....
i was trying to get discount for everything ,but as much as he would love to it wasn't possible

Californiaman said:
Putting it up was dead easy. So easy it almost did it itself - you just sort of encourage it a bit. It does have a LOT of pegs though (not to self: buy a decent peg puller)

Lining it up with the van was pretty easy and will improve over a couple of outings. I connected it to the awning with the awning extended by a couple of inches to give clearance for the door.

Taking it down was a similar exercise. No worries.

Yes, we got a groundsheet from Khyam. It is however massive... and I think any generic groundsheet would do. We also got a carpet liner thing - which I doubt we will ever open up entirely. Would just buy a big rug next time.

Just use another peg to pull them out - easy peasy.
I bought some washing up liquid, a new gas bottle and some coffee for our Cali this week. Does that count? :lol:

Jeez, I wanna be a teacher at that School. Sod being a pupil or parent of, I couldn't afford it!!

I will add pictures tonight but the list is too big lol

Cat 6 Tracker
Khyam Motordome Sleeper
Soft Cage for Dog

And that was only yesterday lol

Still not got the van but could open a shop for the bits lol

JockMacMad said:
I will add pictures tonight but the list is too big lol

Cat 6 Tracker
Khyam Motordome Sleeper
Soft Cage for Dog

And that was only yesterday lol

Still not got the van but could open a shop for the bits lol

Nice one fella .. Welcome to the khyam Cali group :)

I must admit a tracker isn't even on my want list of accessories ..was it a must ?

Just got a Motordome, groundsheet (for a larger Motordome - about 1 foot longer in the awning tunnel but the best I could get) and some Thule ramps.

Now my wife has just asked about a TV as we will be away for the Olympics... :headwall

--Nick

nickstjt said:
Just got a Motordome, groundsheet (for a larger Motordome - about 1 foot longer in the awning tunnel but the best I could get) and some Thule ramps.

Now my wife has just asked about a TV as we will be away for the Olympics... :headwall

--Nick

Looks like its a got to have accessory for the Cali ... The kyham that is nick and not a tv ....
Tell the wife that TV's are for motor homes and not campers ...

Unfortunately the Tracker was a requirement on my insurance although I did not have to choose that specific one. I have had them on sports cars before that cost less than the Cali so I thought what the hell. One off payment and some extra piece of mind.

stripes.jpg

now to apply them :thumb

They are black adhesive vinyl and currently under a clear layer of application tape....

Back