Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

recirculation pump

O

Oz Fisher

Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hello there,
I have a 2013 California Beach.
I have had an intermittent noise from the middle underneath of my van for over a year now.
I believe it to be the coolant recirculation pump.
There are no fans going under the bonnet, and I have been able to turn the night heater on and off without this having any affect on it.
Does anyone know what the solution may be? Is it a coolant temperature sensor issue?
Thanks, Oz.

Hello there,
I have a 2013 California Beach.
I have had an intermittent noise from the middle underneath of my van for over a year now.
I believe it to be the coolant recirculation pump.
There are no fans going under the bonnet, and I have been able to turn the night heater on and off without this having any affect on it.
Does anyone know what the solution may be? Is it a coolant temperature sensor issue?
Thanks, Oz.
If you can make an audio recording someone here might be able to help.

Ok then. I got in the van yesterday afternoon and it was making the 'noise'. I was two streets away from the VAG garage that services and MOT's the van, so I took it straight there. They got it on the ramps and discovered that it was the Engine Coolant Heater System. It's on the Nearside, basically opposite the Night Heater, and was running for no reason. They just unplugged it for now.

20211105_141950.jpg

20211105_142515.jpg

Back