Recommended Roof boxes

Shire Cali

Shire Cali

Shire Cali
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi

Can anyone recommend a decent roof Box to fit a Cali Ocean T6.1 .
There seems to be loads around with various prices , but I thought I’d go with some recommendations ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kameii win lots of group tests. I liked our Delphin. Particularly liked it locking without keys and simple mechanism.
Roof boxes are a pain though. Used it when we needed a pram. Took it off after 2 years.

We have a skinny Kameii Husky box which only gets used in longer trips. Works for us as you can stack boards on the other side of the roof. Tend to take it off if we are onsite for a while and use as lockable storage (+ have solar panels so they need full exposure to get the best out of them).

Make sure the opening side is on the sliding door side as makes a great step. Although you can ones where the whole top lifts.

Cheers guys .. much appreciated

Cheers guys .. much appreciated

Any updates since 2022 (which is best, and any wise experiences ie. useful?, noisy?, speed restrictions?..)

Thanks all.

I'm not short (6'1") but do wonder how people access those roof boxes, does one have to carry a set of ladders with you as well?

I'm not short (6'1") but do wonder how people access those roof boxes, does one have to carry a set of ladders with you as well?
Mini folding stepladder then a plastic folding stool from Amazon.

Boxes are a proper pain. Was very happy when I took mine off after prams and nappies became unnecessary.

Not sure where I would (or if I would want to) store a stepladder and folding stool in the van whilst away with the family. I must have forgotten to tick the Tardis option.

Stand on the sliding door ledge, wheel or get one of these:

Car Multi-Function Door Step, Foldable Door Lock Hook Accessories Support feet Stand, Glass Breaker Safety Hammer, Easy Roof Access Universal Fit for Most Car, SUV, Truck (Silver) https://amzn.eu/d/aC8E7ot

We use the Yeti coolbox as a step, but don't use the roofbox that often.

We had a Kamei Delphin 550 (? I think - it was huge) before we had the Cali. Good boxes although you do wonder what you're paying for as there's not a lot of stuff for your £500 or so. Bigger ones like we had are quite tricky to fit by yourself and that was on a car - I imagine it would definitely be a two person job on the Cali as you need to balance it and slot it into the T-tracks. You'll want a hop-up of around 60cm height I'd say - we have a 30cm ish to help with the pop-top cover but I can't easily reach across the roof with it (which you'd need to fish out items from the far side of the 'box).

Back