Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

REMOVING WATER TANK COVER IN CUPBOARD?

D

Dorchest

VIP Member
Hi all

Does anyone have a good way to remove the water tank cover that is located inside the cupboard?

Mine is stuck tight and I need to get access to the pump because it is not working.

Thanks in advance

Mike

Brandrup does sell a special made tool for it... I had to open mine with a pice of wood and a hammer ...

Same here piece of wood and a rubber mallet. Once open reach in and lift out the pump
Turn it upside down and check the impeller is not stuck :thumb flick it to see if it turns
It is more than likely the problem :thumb

I've got it open now by firmly tapping a long piece of wood via the gas-bottle cupboard with a rubber mallet. I was being too gentle before! Thanks to Hotel California & Calikev.

I've turned the bit in the bottom of the pump but it still not working. Got to check the fuse now but that looks like a hellava job too!

The fuse was fine, so went back to see how to replace the pump. Decided to give it a few hard taps on the side of the tank followed by turning the impeller backwards (not in the direction shown on the pump that I'd done before) & hey presto...........it works!!

Well chuffed............cheers all........Mike

Nice one. :thumb I always run my tap once a week now to keep the pump running :thumb

Back