Replacement roof hatch roller shutter?

J

JAllgood

VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi

My T5 Cali roof hatch roller shutter has split into 2 sections and I can’t reattach - seems like the plastic has split. I’ve been searching for a replacement but can’t find anywhere selling this part. Anyone know where to find one?

thanks, Jon.

VW , take a look at the dealers reviews section for a decent dealer in your area or you could try the clubshop / @CampervanBits to ask them to order it for you .
You can try and repair it in the meanwhile using ductape on the upper side .

Last edited:
£150 plus vat ring campervanbits

I thought that was ‘cheap’ for once. Try buying a cupboard door...

W
Hi

My T5 Cali roof hatch roller shutter has split into 2 sections and I can’t reattach - seems like the plastic has split. I’ve been searching for a replacement but can’t find anywhere selling this part. Anyone know where to find one?

thanks, Jon.
Why not try and stick it back together with a tube of superglue gel.. If its knackered anyway you have nothing to lose. If you were careful you could probably do an almost invisible mend..

We need a picture of it,
then Pete can see if it's repairable.

VW , take a look at the dealers reviews section for a decent dealer in your area or you could try the clubshop / @CampervanBits to ask them to order it for you .
You can try and repair it in the meanwhile using ductape on the upper side .
Thanks. I’m off to my local VW garage on Friday for some other work and was able to order one through them this afternoon. Also ordered some other bits via the shop. Excellent service.

W

Why not try and stick it back together with a tube of superglue gel.. If its knackered anyway you have nothing to lose. If you were careful you could probably do an almost invisible mend..
Thanks
Have now ordered a new one but will keep the old one as a spare with superglue and gaffer tape Holding it together!

The shutter is another one of those things on the California that needs to be treated very carefully when opening and closing it.. The other day mine came adrift off both sides but a bit of careful maneuvering got it back into the sliding rail..Luckily nothing broken... Next time i open and close it i will be watching it very carefully...

Back